GameStop Q1 profit slides on weak demand

Grapevine, Texas — GameStop said Thursday that net income for the quarter ended April 28 slid to $72.5 million, from $80.4 million in the same period last year, negatively impacted by weakened demand in the video game market.

Sales for the quarter declined 12.2% to $2 billion, compared with $2.28 billion in the prior year quarter. As previously announced, same-store sales dropped 12.5%.

M.Mate says:
Jul-27-2012 05:40 am

That is a huge amount of
That is a huge amount of difference in the sales compared to the this year of sale and it clearly indicates the fall of demand for the games amongst the people. Regards, Martin L

M.Mate says:
Jul-27-2012 05:40 am

Regal Cinemas to open at Trails Town Center

Benbrook, Texas — Fort Worth, Texas-based Buxton said Friday that Regal Entertainment Group will open a new Regal Cinemas at The Trails Town Center, located in Benbrook, Texas.

The new 14-screen theater will include the Regal Premium Experience: RPX large format screen, and is the first anchor tenant announced at the Buxton-developed 1.5 million-sq.-ft. Trails Town Center.

Neiman Marcus, Walnut Creek, Calif.

Neiman Marcus took full advantage of its Northern California locale in the design of its store in Walnut Creek, Calif. The interior finishes and materials draw from the rich colors of the surrounding landscape, and the space takes advantage of the famed California sunshine. The two-level store—the 42nd Neiman Marcus store to date—offers a fresh take on modern luxury shopping in a smaller format for the upscale retailer, featuring 85.870 sq. ft. of selling space.

The exterior reflects the Neiman Marcus’ contemporary, art-infused sensibility. The design architect, MBH Architects, used colored artisan glass mixed with different textures to create a façade wrapped by arched roofing, with one-inch insulated panels supported by aluminum mullions. At night, when the glass is illuminated, the mullions appear in silhouette and create a much different effect than in the daytime.

The interior, designed by Charles Sparks + Co. in partnership with the retailer, is planned as a series of informal interlocking spaces. The materials palette includes warmer, lighter tonality, and the use of glass and metal screens that provide a feeling of openness and translucency.

In keeping with a longstanding Neiman Marcus tradition, locally-inspired artwork is integrated throughout the space (the design includes “neutral” zones for the placement of the art pieces). Celebrated Bay Area artist Ned Kahn created a kinetic sculpture, called “Wind Fins,” for the exterior of the building,

Design: Charles Sparks + Co., Westchester, Ill., in partnership with Neiman Marcus

Design architect: MBH Architects, Alameda, Calif.

More Stores of the Week

Mar-31-2013 08:54 pm

Chatrandom.com
The design architect, MBH Architects, used colored artisan glass mixed with different textures to create a façade wrapped by arched roofing. Chatrandom.com

Mar-31-2013 08:54 pm

M.Dealer says:
Mar-29-2013 05:26 pm

Master Dealer Bisnis Pulsa
this is my first time and here and I am pleased that i was able to find such an excellent information

Bisnis Pulsa | Pulsa Elektrik | Pulsa Murah

created by Chip Sakti

M.Dealer says:
Mar-29-2013 05:26 pm

Bisnis Pulsa | Pulsa Elektrik | Pulsa Murah

created by Chip Sakti

Feb-21-2013 03:18 pm

I wish more authors of this
I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. web development

Feb-11-2013 03:35 pm

Positive site, where did u
Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. web designing

Feb-11-2013 03:31 pm

I am happy to find this post
I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. web designing

azee1122 says:
Dec-31-2012 02:03 pm

I am very happy to discover
I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. Relationships by Our Luxury

azee1122 says:
Dec-31-2012 02:03 pm

J.Fonder says:
Oct-24-2012 08:25 pm

Walnut California
If you have a brand like that and then you go to california, and I mean that when you know that california is the state where they look on image only and nothing else and they would buy http://www.musclemaximizerexpert.com a peice of human waste as long as it has some good clothes on it shows how deep the skin of California is.

J.Fonder says: