H&M set to open 42,000-sq.-ft. Times Square flagship on Nov. 14
New York — Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) will open a 42,000-sq.-ft. store in the heart of New York City’s Times Square on Nov. 14 at 12:01 a.m., with a ribbon-cutting and lighting of the H&M logo on the top of the building by global recording and fashion superstar, Lady Gaga.
"This is truly a milestone moment for H&M, to have a footprint at the crossroads of the world and own a piece of the NYC skyline with our brand illuminated on top of this impressive building," says Daniel Kulle, U.S. President for H&M. "With over 7,000 sq. ft. of LED screens, and a 53-ft. glitter wall in this ground breaking location, we knew we had to partner with a star who shines as bright as the store."
The store embraces modern technology with a digital runway: a virtual catwalk projecting images of guests onto exterior screens that brighten the backdrop of the city that never sleeps. This unique content can also be accessed in real-time through the customers’ social media platforms.
The store interior features other digital components such as LED screens, a charging station equipped with iPads, interactive mannequins and much more. Fluorescent fixtures and geometric metal installations further complement the futuristic, tech savvy store design.
The store will offer collections for ladies, men, young ladies and young men, with separate "shop in shop" areas for accessories, lingerie, sports apparel, maternity and the brand’s plus-size line, H&M+. This location will carry the Swedish retailer’s fantastic children’s collection.
To celebrate opening day, H&M Times Square will be open for 24 hours with a digital countdown announcing hourly offers.
RadioShack opens concept store in Houston Nov. 9
Fort Worth, Texas — RadioShack will open its newest Houston location as a concept store on Nov. 9. All concept stores in the company’s portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company’s new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile.
Some features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets or played from their own Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touch-screens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The Houston location is one of more than a dozen concept stores to open since the company began converting to such stores. By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.
Natural Grocers opens Idaho Falls store Nov. 12
Lakewood, Colo. — Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage is opening its second store in Idaho, which will be located in Idaho Falls. The store opens for business on Nov. 12.
"We invite the Idaho Falls community to come in see what we’re about," said Kemper Isely, Natural Grocers co-president. "While they are here, shoppers can also take part in a free nutritional education seminar- or pick up some practical ideas for healthy eating during one of our free cooking demonstrations."