IBM Retail Group names new president
Strongsville, Ohio — The IBM Retail User Group has named Giant Eagle veteran Ron Ferri as its new president. The announcement was named at the group’s recent board of directors and 35th Annual Conference planning meeting in Las Vegas.
Ferri, a business process consultant with the supermarket chain, has participated in the IBM Retail Users Group for 12 years.
Sears to offer free shipping for online sites
Hoffman Estates, Ill. — Sears Holdings announced it will offer free shipping on Sears.com for orders qualified orders totaling more than $99, and on Kmart.com for orders more than $49. The chain is also offering free same-day store pick-up services.
The free shipping offer will begin on Oct. 30 and run through Dec. 19.
Lowe’s launches new online tool
Mooresville, N.C. — Lowe’s has launched an integrated online experience, MyLowe’s, designed to help customers manage their homes. It will allow all purchases, in-store and online, to be tracked automatically and stored on their customer profile online.
“Customers expect to be engaged and in control throughout the entire home improvement experience — from inspiration to enjoyment,” said Tom Lamb, Lowe’s senior VP marketing and advertising. “MyLowe’s will enable our customers to track and manage their homes all in one place, and it will allow Lowe’s employees to be better equipped to help meet the needs of our customers.”
The capabilities of MyLowe’s will grow and evolve based on customer and employee feedback. The first release includes the following features:
- A MyLowe’s card or key fob to track in-store purchases online;
- Home profile to create rooms and store floor dimensions, product details and notes;
- Folders and lists to organize products, projects and ideas;
- Purchase history from all purchase points (in store, contact center, online and mobile);
- Paint formula tracking after check out;
- Access to warranties and product manuals from product detail pages; and
- Ability to set reminders for air filters and other common maintenance items.
Customers will be able to customize their personal version of Lowes.com, MyLowe’s.