JLL expands in Austin and opens San Antonio office
Austin, Texas — Jones Lang LaSalle has announced the addition of seven brokerage experts to its national program. Austin McWilliams joined the firm as a senior VP; Travis Sawvell and Jon Switzer joined as VPs, and Katie Carlisle joined as an associate, all based in Austin. Their additions come on the heels of the firm’s newly formed Austin Retail Brokerage practice led by newcomers Todd Wallace and Robert O’Farrell.
The firm is also expanding its retail platform to San Antonio, with the addition of Ty West and Keith McRee as VPs; and Eddie Kopplow as an associate.
- Austin McWilliams comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, lease negotiations, site acquisition and project leasing.
- Travis Sawvell joins from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, lease negotiations, site acquisition, project analysis and disposition initiatives.
- Jon Switzer joins from SRS Real Estate Partners. Prior to real estate, Jon was a professional baseball player with the New York Mets, Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
- Ty West, an 11-year veteran of commercial real estate, specializes in tenant and landlord representation, disposition and land brokerage. He comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners.
- Keith McRee, a 12-year veteran of commercial real estate comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, site acquisition, disposition and project leasing.
- Katie Carlisle joins from SRS Real Estate Partners. She is actively involved in project leasing and tenant representation with a focus on development.
Easton Gateway breaks ground
Columbus, Ohio — Steiner + Associates, The Georgetown Co. and Limited Brands have broken ground on Easton Gateway, a 54-acre addition to Easton Town Center.
Nearly 15 years after Easton Town Center opened, Easton Gateway will introduce a number of noteworthy additions to the master-planned community, including new brands and big box retail.
Costco has already opened a 150,000-sq.-ft. concept on a 17-acre site purchased by the warehouse retailer. Additional tenants include REI, Saks Off 5th and DICK’S Sporting Goods, all three set to open in mid-2014. Whole Foods will open in May of 2015.
The retailers seek to take advantage of Easton Town Center’s extraordinary drawing power — 30 million people visit annually.
Prompting a number of infrastructure upgrades to the area, Easton Gateway will feature new traffic lights and the addition of a number of pedestrian avenues. The trolley system is also being extended to include stops throughout the addition.
Eastern Gateway’s grand opening is scheduled for October 2014.
Premium Outlets expands in Johor Malaysia
Johor, Malaysia — Genting Simon, a joint venture between Genting Group and Simon Property Group, has announced the opening of the second phase of Johor Premium Outlets in Johor, Malaysia.
The expansion has added 40 new stores and 100,000 sq. ft. to the center, bringing the store total to 120.
Opened in 2011, Johor Premium Outlets features a broad collection of designer names including Adidas, Armani, Brooks Brothers, Burberry, Canali, ck Calvin Klein, Coach, DKNY, Esprit, Ermenegildo Zegna, Evita Peroni, Fossil, Gap, Geox, Guess, Lacoste, Levi’s, Michael Kors, Nike, Oroton, Royal Selangor, Salvatore Ferragamo, Swiss Watch Gallery, Timberland, Tommy Hilfiger, Tumi, Victoria’s Secret and many more.
Phase II adds a new roster of brands including Aigner, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Beauty Scents, Bread & Butter, Columbia, Cotton On Kids, Florsheim, Furla, Hush Puppies, LeSportsac, Pan-West, Sacoor Brothers, Sembonia, Springfield, Stride Rite, Sunglass Hut, Swatch and World of Outdoors.