La Perle Spa and Salon takes Rutgers Plaza space
Franklin Township, N.J. — La Perle Spa and Salon has leased 1,802 sq. ft. at Rutgers Plaza in Franklin Township, N.J., according to Levin Management, the exclusive leasing and managing agent for the 266,650-sq. -ft. center.
Co-anchored by a 74,000-sq.-ft. Stop & shop and a 98,684-sq.-ft. Kmart, Rutgers Plaza tenants include Office Depot, Dollar Tree, RadioShack, GameStop, Dressbarn, Chase Bank, Plaza Cleaners, Anthony’s Pizza, Venus Jewelers and Burger King.
Rutgers Plaza serves a growing residential population of more than 234,900 people within a five-mile radius. Average annual household income is more than $70,000, and the daily traffic count exceeds 39,000 vehicles.
JLL expands in Austin and opens San Antonio office
Austin, Texas — Jones Lang LaSalle has announced the addition of seven brokerage experts to its national program. Austin McWilliams joined the firm as a senior VP; Travis Sawvell and Jon Switzer joined as VPs, and Katie Carlisle joined as an associate, all based in Austin. Their additions come on the heels of the firm’s newly formed Austin Retail Brokerage practice led by newcomers Todd Wallace and Robert O’Farrell.
The firm is also expanding its retail platform to San Antonio, with the addition of Ty West and Keith McRee as VPs; and Eddie Kopplow as an associate.
- Austin McWilliams comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, lease negotiations, site acquisition and project leasing.
- Travis Sawvell joins from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, lease negotiations, site acquisition, project analysis and disposition initiatives.
- Jon Switzer joins from SRS Real Estate Partners. Prior to real estate, Jon was a professional baseball player with the New York Mets, Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
- Ty West, an 11-year veteran of commercial real estate, specializes in tenant and landlord representation, disposition and land brokerage. He comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners.
- Keith McRee, a 12-year veteran of commercial real estate comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, site acquisition, disposition and project leasing.
- Katie Carlisle joins from SRS Real Estate Partners. She is actively involved in project leasing and tenant representation with a focus on development.
Easton Gateway breaks ground
Columbus, Ohio — Steiner + Associates, The Georgetown Co. and Limited Brands have broken ground on Easton Gateway, a 54-acre addition to Easton Town Center.
Nearly 15 years after Easton Town Center opened, Easton Gateway will introduce a number of noteworthy additions to the master-planned community, including new brands and big box retail.
Costco has already opened a 150,000-sq.-ft. concept on a 17-acre site purchased by the warehouse retailer. Additional tenants include REI, Saks Off 5th and DICK’S Sporting Goods, all three set to open in mid-2014. Whole Foods will open in May of 2015.
The retailers seek to take advantage of Easton Town Center’s extraordinary drawing power — 30 million people visit annually.
Prompting a number of infrastructure upgrades to the area, Easton Gateway will feature new traffic lights and the addition of a number of pedestrian avenues. The trolley system is also being extended to include stops throughout the addition.
Eastern Gateway’s grand opening is scheduled for October 2014.