Lands’ End to open its first freestanding mall store
Dodgeville, Wis. — Lands’ End in November will open its first standalone store in a shopping mall. The store will be located in the western Chicago suburbs, in the Yorktown Center Mall, Lombard, Ill.
The store officially opens to the public on Nov. 15, marking the first ever full-price Lands’ End store outside of Madison, Wis. The company opens the doors on the new location in its milestone 50th anniversary year.
"We are excited to open the doors to our first individual location in Illinois offering classic apparel staples along with fresh trends to the local community," said Megan Whittow Lands’ End Yorktown Center Mall store manager.
Sears Home Appliance Showrooms rolling out new look
Hoffman Estates, Ill. — Sears Home Appliance Showrooms is rolling out a new revamped interior designed to make shopping for appliances an easier experience for consumers.
The updated sales floor presentations include a new merchandising layout allowing showrooms to expand key lines such as built-in cooking, cooktops, and laundry, and improve customer shopping experiences with new displays of dishwashers and floor care.
Since August 2013, more than 60 Sears locations have been updated to the new expanded presentation. This new floor plan will be the company standard moving forward with all new locations.
"With our new showroom model, we’re not increasing the size of our sales floors, but rather, better utilizing our floor space to expand our merchandise offerings and showcase our products. This, in turn, will help our dedicated sales force provide customers with a higher level of service," said Susan Hilsenbeck, division VP, merchandising at Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores.
Build-A-Bear Workshop to open its first in-store shop, in FAO Schwarz
St. Louis — Build-A-Bear Workshop plans an in-store shop in the FAO Schwarz Fifth Avenue flagship in Manhattan. Opening in early November, the location is the first Build-A-Bear Workshop store-within-a-store in the United States. (FAO Schwarz is owned by Toys “R” Us.)
“We are excited to bring two iconic brands together in one location joining the magic of Build-A-Bear Workshop with the legendary FAO Schwarz, just in time for the holiday season,” said Sharon Price John, Build-A-Bear Workshop CEO. “FAO Schwarz has been a great partner, and this new store extends the reach of our interactive experience in one of the largest markets in the world.”
The in-store shop will offer shoppers Build-A-Bear Workshop’s signature stuffed animal-making experience, which has been enhanced with innovative, digital technology. The company worked with Microsoft, Samsung, and other leading technology companies to create the engaging store design, which includes:
- A touch-screen storefront display that allows shoppers to interact with the brand by playing and exploring the latest Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friend collections.
- An interactive “Love Me” station that enables shoppers to customize their stuffed animals by giving personality traits such as brave, silly and smart to the red satin heart, which is added to their animal at the “Stuff Me” station.
- A “Hear Me” station where popular music and special sounds can be added to personalize their stuffed animal. Guests can also record their own voice to further personalize their stuffed animal.
- The “Fluff Me” station where customers can play with a sensory effects digital bath tub with virtual bubbles.
- The “Name Me” station, which allows shoppers to reveal the personality traits and customized features that were added to their stuffed animal throughout the bear-making process. They can also create a one-of-a-kind birth certificate to take home with their new furry friend.