Lane Bryant opens new stores in Minnesota, Texas
Columbus, Ohio – Lane Bryant opens two new stores Friday, April 11. The stores are located at Burnsville Center in Burnsville, Minn., and Alliance Town Center in Fort Worth, Texas.
Lane Bryant operates 775 stores nationwide and an e-commerce site.
Majestic breaks ground on Inland Empire project
Redlands, Calif. — Majestic Realty Co. has announced that construction has begun on the Mountain Grove at Citrus Plaza shopping center. Located adjacent to Citrus Plaza in the Inland Empire at the intersection of the I-210 and I-10 freeways, Mountain Grove plans to open in summer 2015.
The 468,000-sq.-ft Phase I development is the sibling project to Citrus Plaza. It will add another 670,000-sq. ft. of retail, dining and entertainment.
Complimenting retailers like Target, Kohl’s and the 520,000-sq.-ft. Citrus Plaza, Mountain Grove will bring Nordstrom Rack, buybuy Baby, T.J. Maxx/HomeGoods, Hobby Lobby, Hhgregg, Tilly’s and 24-Hour Fitness to the area.
Together, Mountain Grove and Citrus Plaza will offer 1.2 million sq. ft. of retail, hospitality and entertainment.
RadioShack concept store opens in Boston
Fort Worth, Texas – RadioShack opens its latest custom concept store, located in Boston, April 10. Situated in the Downtown Crossing neighborhood, the newly remodeled store features a custom contemporary nautical design, paying homage to the city’s maritime heritage with sailing rope accents, weathered wood and a ship’s bow centerpiece.
Interactive areas throughout the store encourage shoppers to discover personalized solutions and connect with sales associates. The Boston store is the third custom-designed location to open in the nation and is one of 30 concept stores to open since RadioShack debuted the new concept store model in July 2013. All RadioShack concept stores showcase an enhanced shopping experience, including:
• A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare more than a dozen different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets.
• Interactive displays that encourage shoppers to compare products, including headphone demo stations; a remote control toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display, demonstrating the capabilities of several camera models.
• A "Do It Together" Idea Center where consumers can bring their ideas to life through collaboration with store associates at a convenient work space.
• Technology including touch-screens and apps to help shoppers understand product benefits.
• Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.
Design and technology features unique to this location include:
• A nautical aesthetic reflected throughout the store’s interior, drawing on the city’s maritime industrial history, including custom color palette, weathered wood with sailing rope accents, industrial lighting, a large navigation compass and ship’s bow centerpiece installation.
• Free mobile device charging stations so consumers can pop in to power up their phones or tablets.
• A 3D printer on display for interactive demonstrations to showcase this powerful new technology for consumers.
• Local content available throughout the store, so customers can use the store’s tablets or mobile devices to find out more about fun things to see and do in Boston.
With the opening of this custom concept store, RadioShack has updated 20% of the 30 stores in the Boston area, with locations receiving a range of updates, from updated signage, to bright, redesigned interiors, to interactive product displays for new product comparison.
"We are delighted to open our new custom concept store in Boston, the birthplace of RadioShack," said Joe Magnacca, CEO of RadioShack. "Boston exemplifies the true spirit of innovation, and the city prides itself on being a hub for entrepreneurialism. This is the ideal backdrop to showcase RadioShack’s fresh new look and renewed focus on technology discovery and collaboration."