Mall of San Juan breaks ground; to house Caribbean’s first Saks and Nordstrom

San Juan — Taubman Centers and New Century Development announced Friday the groundbreaking on the 650,000-sq.-ft. Mall of San Juan, the island’s first luxury retail development. The $405 million, two-level mall will feature the first Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom in the Caribbean.

Of the approximately 100 stores and restaurants, it is expected that 60% will be new to the island.

New Century Development will also be constructing a 225-room hotel and casino adjoined to the mall. The entire project is expected to open in late 2014. Taubman will develop, lease and manage the shopping center.

Report: Wal-Mart looks to open first India store within 18 months

New Delhi, India — A Friday report by the Wall Street Journal disclosed that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. expects to open its first retail stores in India within the next 12 to 18 months.

In an interview with WSJ, Scott Price, Asia president and CEO of Wal-Mart, said that the retailer has not pinpointed where the first stores will be located or ultimately how many there will be. But the latest decision handed down by the Indian government allowing megastore retailers to enter the country via joint ventures paved the way for the impending openings.

Price told WSJ that the company expects to continue its current partnership with India’s Bharti Enterprises in a chain of 17 cash-and-carry stores, but it is not in discussions with any other companies for a potential retail partnership.

Apr-10-2013 07:33 pm

Retailers this year are smartly investing to create a holistic customer experience across stores, desktop, and mobile to improve conversion rates. chatrandom

Apr-10-2013 07:33 pm

T.Shi says:
Mar-28-2013 09:53 am

Glad to hear they're gonna open one soon. A relative of mine who runs a vocational training school is hoping to see a Wal-Mart store in India when she goes there.

T.Shi says:
Mar-28-2013 09:53 am

B.Ali says:
Mar-27-2013 03:19 pm

I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking site. I like your good work.expulsion of fetus

B.Ali says:
Mar-27-2013 03:19 pm

B.Ali says:
Mar-26-2013 03:23 pm

Excellent posts to read it up and keep going on this way. And keep sharing these types of things thanks.hair cuts new techniques

B.Ali says:
Mar-26-2013 03:23 pm

B.Ali says:
Mar-25-2013 03:10 pm

It is very well so the given article well enough gives to understand what it is needed anymore to pay attention on thanks to the groups of a different size.bizznus

B.Ali says:
Mar-25-2013 03:10 pm

B.Ali says:
Mar-20-2013 03:22 pm

SEO may generate a return on investment. However, search engines are not paid for organic search traffic, their algorithms change, and there are no guarantees of continued referrals.writersdrive.com

B.Ali says:
Mar-20-2013 03:22 pm

P.Lab says:
Mar-06-2013 08:55 pm

Nice post. I have been searching for articles about valves and actuators and your post really helps. Thanks a lot for posting this. Next month I am going to be on my holidays in Dubai I try to use these tips in it superiorpapers.net

P.Lab says:
Mar-06-2013 08:55 pm

Feb-19-2013 02:31 pm

Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. pure raspberry ketone

Troy55 says:
Feb-13-2013 10:33 am

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. Learn More About Energy Future

kathrine says:
Feb-01-2013 07:57 am

Trading zone where you can do entire trading, buy and sell, us trade , i trade and everything else, the world ‘s largest online trading marketplace. trade in zone , i trade , uk trade

T.Bowen says:
Jan-31-2013 02:22 am

Yeah, I heard this report a while ago and people are really expecting about the opening of their first retailer stores in India that expected to open more or less 18 months. But they are having a small problem with the Indian government because they are allowing megastore retailers to enter the country via joint ventures paved the way for the impending openings.-αγορά χρυσού I'm not so familiar with the Indian government but I'm still searching for an idea about their government rules. Hopefully, the retailer stores of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will be open soon. ασήμι Teresa Bowen

T.Bowen says:
Jan-31-2013 02:22 am

S.Walker says:
Jan-17-2013 11:36 am

i like to see it lap the miles http://www.traveling-inn.com http://www.fantasyfootballssports.com/ http://www.guide2coach.com/

J.Johnss says:
Jan-02-2013 05:24 pm

I am doing a report on this subject. Your article is full of really useful information. I will make sure to come back to check out your posts for my next report. Cheers Jon Dyer

J.Johnss says:
Jan-02-2013 05:24 pm

Bass Pro commits to third store in Colorado

Loveland, Colo. — Bass Pro Shops has signed a letter of intent with Loveland, Colo.-based shopping center developer McWhinney to anchor a new northern Colorado development at Centerra.

The approximately 117,000-sq.-ft. Bass Pro Shops is intended to draw shoppers from Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, and beyond.

“We are very excited to bring Bass Pro Shops to Loveland and be part of the Centerra development,” said Johnny Morris, founder and CEO, Bass Pro Shops.

Retail attractions at Centerra include The Promenade Shops, a 700,000-sq.-ft. lifestyle mall, as well as The Marketplace at Centerra, a large retail power center, and the Motorplex, an auto complex with eight dealers.