Mastercard partners with Orgone for European Masterpass rollout
Purchase, N.Y. — MasterCard and global online payment provider Ogone are partnering on the integration and deployment of MasterPass. This collaboration which covers Belgium, The Netherlands, France, United Kingdom, Germany and Spain in a first phase and the remaining countries Ogone operates in later on.
MasterPass, the digital platform from MasterCard, simplifies online purchases made from connected devices including PCs, touchpads and smartphones, and eliminates the need to enter detailed shipping and card information to complete their online shopping at MasterPass merchant sites that have the ‘Buy with MasterPass button on their checkout page. Consumers can securely store MasterCard and other branded credit, debit and prepaid card information, address books and more. This simplification of the purchasing process, which also includes all the guarantees of a card payment, should enable e-merchants to increase significantly their transformation rate and boost the development of m-commerce.
This solution, which is initially being deployed for e-commerce, will at a second stage enable retailers to offer to their customers to pay in store with MasterPass and encourage the convergence of payment experiences using new technologies such as NFC and QR code. From end of November 2013, MasterPass will be available on Ogone’s online payment platform, an online, secure and cross-channel solution.
"This partnership with Ogone will further strengthen MasterPass momentum and accelerate the adoption commitment of MasterPass in Belgium and in Europe,” said David Dechamps, GM, Benelux, Mastercard.
RadioShack opens Greenwich Village concept store
Fort Worth, Texas — RadioShack has opened another of its new concept stores, in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village neighborhood. It is Radio Shack’s fourth new format location in Manhattan.
The format feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company’s new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile.
Some features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands, a remote control (RC) toy exploration center, and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touch-screens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. This Manhattan location is one of more than a dozen concept stores to open since the company began converting to such stores. By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.
Conn’s opens HomePlus stores in Arizona, Texas
The Woodlands, Texas — Conn’s has opened two new HomePlus stores in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Laredo, Texas. The new Conn’s HomePlus store format showcases furniture and mattresses in addition to consumer electronics and home appliances.
Conn’s currently operates more than 70 retail locations in Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and New Mexico.