McAlister’s plans 25 new franchise stores
Alpharetta, Ga. — McAlister’s Deli has partnered with several lenders for franchise expansion nationwide. First Franchise Capital, Balboa Capital and Franchise America Finance have committed to financing new construction and remodels, as well as POS upgrades and equipment.
In 2014, McAlister’s will celebrate its 25th anniversary and expects to open 25 new restaurants in new and existing markets, including in Ohio, Texas, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Virginia and Florida, among others.
"As we continue to drive aggressive franchise development across the U.S., we have established finance solutions that will assist new and existing franchisees with acquiring the necessary capital to grow," said McAlister’s Deli chief development officer Jeff Sturgis. "The development of this program is a testament to the strength of the brand and the confidence lenders have that McAlister’s is a sound, long-term investment for business owners."
Sofia Vergara’s first fragrance to debut on HSN
Actress Sofia Vergara is launching her first scent, called Sofia by Sofia Vergara. The fragrance makes its debut exclusively with Home Shopping Network (HSN) at 12:01 a.m. April 24 and in key markets internationally, and rolls out to retailers nationwide in September.
"Sofia by Sofia Vergara is designed for the woman who wants to feel irresistible and truly enjoys being a woman," said Vergara. "I wanted to bring a little bit of who I am, my ethnicity and create a fragrance that is a true reflection of me."
"This fragrance truly embodies Sofía’s captivating personality. She is smart, glamorous, sophisticated, sensual and highly accessible to her fans…all great qualities to have for a successful beauty launch at HSN," said HSN’s chief merchandising officer Anne Martin-Vachon.
Created with perfumer Bruno Jovanovic (IFF), the fragrance combines the following ingredients:
- Top notes: blackberry, sparkling cassis buds, plum
- Mid notes: purple violet, Colombian rose, Colombian orchid
- Base notes: earthy woods, vanilla, sandalwood
"Inspired by Colombia’s native gem and Sofia’s favorite stone — the emerald — the bottle has been carved into a brilliant, multi-faceted form that radiates the extraordinary glamour for which Sofia is known," said Scott Oshry, CMO and partner of Maesa, the branding and manufacturing firm behind the fragrance. "We’ve created a classic fine fragrance that captures the essence of Sofia."
The eau de parfum will retail for $55 (100ml) and $48 (50ml) and a Shimmer Body Lotion for $30.
Accellos releases new WMS features for 3PLs
Phoenix – Accellos is releasing AccellosOne Enterprise 3PL version 4.0, which is built on the AccellosOne Platform version 3.0. This release focuses on a new user experience, work centers, cloud e-learning, and advanced functionality in event management, workflow engine, reporting, supply chain intelligence, and quality inspection.
Some of the highlights of AccellosOne Enterprise 3PL include:
• New User Experience: By adding nearly 200 new functions designed to improve the usability of the application, the user is empowered to “tailor” the experience to the user’s unique role or position in the company.
• Subject Workcenters: A series of Workcenters have been added that are designed to provide the user with a single landing spot allowing the user to research anything related to a subject like receipt, shipment, inventory and location.
• Cloud e-learning: Delivering both context-sensitive “help” videos and multi-lesson classes, AccellosOne e-learning provides information designed to make users more knowledgeable and self-sufficient.
• Advanced Event Engine: The new Advanced Event Engine provides tools designed to leverage the system to deliver real-time information on behalf of employees.
• Advanced Workflow Engine: The latest release incorporates Microsoft’s advanced workflow engine in the AccellosOne Platform.
• Extensible Reporting: AccellosOne Enterprise 3PL 4.0 incorporates the AccellosOne Report application to enhance both the core reporting capability and allow for better user-definable reporting extensions.
• Enhanced Supply Chain Intelligence: AccellosOne Enterprise 3PL 4.0 delivers more powerful access to key performance indicators that can assist a 3PL manager in more effectively making decisions within the business.
• Dynamic Quality Inspection: Tailored quality inspections can be designed with custom questionnaires, focused pass/fail criteria and conditional activities to ensure the quality of both inbound and outbound processes.
“Third party logistics operators must be extremely responsive to meet the needs of a diverse set of clients,” said CTO Ross Elliott. “This latest version of our Enterprise 3PL WMS contains our new workflow technology allowing end users to quickly respond the changing business processes without customizing the underlying source code of the product. In addition to the new workflow capability this release contains many customer-requested features such as a new user experience, work centers functionality and a new e-learning framework.”