C-SUITE

Mike Boylson: From J.C. Penney to Baseball!

J.C. Penney marketing chief Mike Boylson is trading the retail game for another type of game entirely: baseball. The 32-year J.C. Penney veteran officially left the company on July 1, and is already hard at work on his next venture: Boylson and a pal are opening a D-Bat baseball and softball training franchise in Allen, Texas, not far from J.C. Penney’s headquarters.

"[Baseball] is something I’ve always been really passionate about, so I’ve wanted to do this for a while," Boylson told Advertising Age. "I loved J.C. Penney and had an incredible career … but I’m anxious to try out everything I’ve learned in my own business."

Click here for past C-Suite entries.

L.Sha says:
May-14-2013 11:22 am

gfa izdelava spletnih strani
I used to be suggested this web site by my cousin. I am no longer sure whether or not this submit is written by him as no one else understand such detailed about my difficulty.gfa izdelava spletnih strani

L.Sha says:
May-14-2013 11:22 am

ryahaloms says:
May-08-2013 11:10 pm

I trust Mike Boylson
I trust Mike Boylson to make hist training business the best in Texas! My dog training

S.Mctavish says:
May-05-2013 05:43 pm

I remember I read and article
Now that we found the best tips for the speech presentation, it's time to show you the basic template for the father of the groom speech. The usual order of speeches will be: father of the bride, you, groom and best man. So you'll be following bride's father speech. http://www.zimbio.com/

S.Mctavish says:
May-05-2013 05:43 pm

ryahaloms says:
May-03-2013 03:22 pm

I'm sure he will succeed
I know Mike Boylson closely, as we group up together in Houston Texas. A talented and good man, who succeeds in everything he tries. Being Marketing manager of a large firm such as J.C. Penney is not something easy to get. Good luck Mike!

ryahaloms says:
Apr-22-2013 08:40 pm

I wish them great success
Its great news to hear. I'm sure that Boylson and a pal will open a D-Bat baseball and softball training franchise which will succeed and be one the main teams on the league. I have been following this guys for some time, and I'm sure they will succeed http://thetreadmilladvisor.com/

S.Mofitt says:
Apr-22-2013 10:07 am

in the Cincinnati, Ohio are
in the Cincinnati, Ohio are many baseball teams but there are one my favorite professional team Cincinnati Reds i like her many matches when i want to go in match i buy the tickets from http://www.ticketdove.com/cincinnati-reds-tickets.aspx

S.Mofitt says:
Apr-22-2013 10:07 am

D.Khatri says:
Apr-14-2013 01:49 pm

It’s hard to find
It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what custom writing you’re talking about!

J.Walker says:
Apr-14-2013 12:00 pm

Maurices can send the shopper
Maurices can send the shopper timely messages and offers via a push notification, alerting the user to noteworthy news about the specific store location. superiorpapers.com reviews

D.Khatri says:
Apr-14-2013 01:49 pm

J.Walker says:
Apr-14-2013 12:00 pm

ryahaloms says:
Apr-07-2013 05:37 am

Doing what you love
Its so inspiring to hear of someone who leaves all behind and goes doing what his heart tell him to do - what he loves. Its a pity most of us don't have that chance - more than that - most of us spend the day doing things we don't really like.... As I know Mike Boylson, I'm sure he is dgoing to succeed in Baseball (as he succeeded in business... ) Refrigerator longevity

Mar-29-2013 06:47 pm

Chatrandom
Boylson and a pal are opening a D-Bat baseball and softball training franchise in Allen, Texas, not far from J.C. Penney’s headquarters. Chatrandom

Mar-29-2013 06:47 pm

M.Donovan says:
Feb-15-2013 03:02 pm

you should do it more often
you should do it more often because you have excellent writing skills. KLM Kent Airport

M.Donovan says:
Feb-15-2013 03:02 pm

Image is everything

NEW YORK— Target, Kohl’s and JCPenney ranked highest among discounters in consumer perception in the first half of 2011, according to YouGov BrandIndex. The company interviews 5,000 people each weekday from a representative U.S. population sample, more than 1.2 million interviews per year.

Here is YouGov’s Retail Buzz scores for discounters in the first half of 2011:

1. Target (33.9)

2. Kohl’s (29.5)

3. J.C. Penney (23.9)

4. Costco (23.3)

5. Dollar Tree (16.2)

6. Wal-Mart (15.7)

7. Sam’s Club (15.4)

8. Big Lots (15.4)

9. Dollar General (13.8)

10. True Value (13.7)

American Airlines exec joins Gap Inc. board

SAN FRANCISCO — Gap Inc. announced that Bella Goren, CFO AMR Corp. and American Airlines Inc., has been appointed to the company’s board of directors, effective Aug. 15. She will become the 11th member of the board and will serve on the company’s audit and finance committee.

Goren is a member of AMR Corporation’s executive committee and responsible for all of the company’s financial functions, including treasury, corporate finance, corporate development, purchasing, accounting, tax, financial planning and relationships with the investment community.

As a 25-year veteran of AMR and American, Goren is recognized for her operational, finance, and marketing expertise. Her roles of increasing responsibility over the years have included serving as the head of American’s Pacific Division, which included operations in Japan and business activities throughout Asia and the South Pacific, and SVP customer relationship marketing.