Oracle World Retail Awards: Call for entries
New York City — Retailers from around the world have until May 20 to enter the annual global competition, the Oracle World Retail Awards. Online entry is open at worldretailcongress.com.
The awards, designed to recognize the outstanding innovation and creativity delivered by l retailers worldwide, are presented each year at a gala event during the World Retail Congress. This year’s presentation will be held Sept. 27 in Berlin.
The winners in 2010 were as follows:
- Retailer of the Year: Amazon
- Responsible Retailer of the Year: Woolworths (South Africa)
- Etailer of the Year: Ocado.com
- Retail Advertising Award – New Media: Nike Japan’s ‘NIKEiD. Generator’
- Retail Advertising Award – In-Store: American Eagle Outfitters ’15 Seconds of Fame’
- Retail Advertising Award- Traditional Media: The Co-operative Goup
- Store Design of the Year: Topshop New York (Dalziel & Pow)
- Emerging Market Retailer of the Year: Truworths
- Retail Innovation Award: Happy Family Business Group – ‘Kung Fu Master List’
- Multi-Market Retailer of the Year: Primark
- Outstanding Leadership Award: Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry
Entries are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Store Design of the Year
- Responsible Retailer of the Year
- Emerging Market Retailer of the Year
- Etailer of the year – divided into two sub-categories – Play Retailer of the Year and Multichannel Retailer of the Year (sponsored by GfK))
- Retail Innovation Award (sponsored by MasterCard)
- Retail Advertising Campaign of the Year
The awards are selected by a grand jury comprises of a broad spectrum of CEO level, respected retailers from around the world, together with senior representatives from academia and suppliers.
Reducing facilities maintenance and repair spend — CSA Webinar
New York City — Chain Store Age will present a Webinar – “Facilities Dollars and Sense: Unlocking Substantial Maintenance and Repair Savings by Controlling All Components of Cost” — on Tuesday, May 10, 2011, at 2 p.m (EST).
The presentation, sponsored by First Service Networks, will discuss a new way of thinking that systematically analyzes, controls and manages each individual component of cost to deliver substantial savings on multi-site maintenance and repair spend.
Click here for more information.
Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
New York City — SuperValu plans to increase the footprint of its value division Save-A-Lot by 160 new stores this year, GlobeSt.com reported.
“This past year we added 92 net Save-A-Lot stores, and this fiscal year we’re looking to add another 160 net stores,” a spokesman said, according to the report.