Polarn O. Pyret opens first store in Boston metro area
Chestnut Hill, Mass. — Swedish children’s wear brand Polarn O. Pyret USA has opened its first Boston-area store at THE STREET in Chestnut Hill, according to WS Development, the center’s developer and owner. This is the fifth Polarn O. Pyret (pronounced POH-lahrn oh PEE-rhet and nicknames PO.P) in the U.S. and the fourth on the east coast.
PO.P designs children’s clothing to be handed down from child to child. The retailer designs its stores with mirrors, tunnels and display tables that double as play equipment. Parents relax on ottomans while the kids play in the tunnels. The fitting room in the back of the store will accommodate a stroller.
Bayer to lease and manage Southlake Mall
Birmingham, Ala. — Bayer Properties will lease and manage Southlake Mall in Morrow, Ga. Macy’s and Sears anchor the 1 million-sq.-ft. enclosed regional mall. Enclosed malls now represent 30% of Bayer’s operating portfolio.
Bayer has also announced the following new leases:
- Pure Barre and Ripple Effect Martial Arts will open in August at Front Range Village in Fort Collins, Colo.
- Try Sports will open in December at Mount Pleasant Town Centre in Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- Dress Up Boutique opened in May and American Threads will open in July at The Shoppes at Webb Gin in Snellville, Ga.
- Fan Outfitters opened in June at Quail Springs Marketplace in Oklahoma City.
- Maurices opened in July in Pinnacle at Turkey Creek in Knoxville, Tenn. Chipotle and Kinnucan’s will open in September.
DRE adds five retailers to metro Richmond
Richmond, Va. — Five retailers have signed five leases, taking a total of 23,700 sq. ft. of retail space in the metropolitan Richmond, Va., market, according to Divaris Real Estate, Inc., the broker representing the retailers.
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants signed for 11,500 sq. ft. at Short Pump Town Center in Richmond. DRE represented the landlord, Forest City Enterprises.
- Both Sleepy’s and Mexican grill Qdoba inked deals for 6,000 sq. ft. and 2,400 sq. ft. respectively at Divaris-leased Stonebridge Shopping center in Richmond.
- Stepping Out Dance Studio leased 2,000 sq. ft. in Village Commons Shopping Center in South Chesterfield, Va. Divaris Property Management Corp. manages the center. DRE represented the landlord, HODA Investments.
- Amora Spa and Nail Salon will take 1,800 sq. ft. in Divaris-leased Shoppes at Belvedere in Richmond. DRE represented Shoppes at Belvedere, the landlord.
- Divaris Real Estate and Divaris Property Management Corp. are divisions of The Divaris Group.