RadioShack opens concept store in Houston Nov. 9
Fort Worth, Texas — RadioShack will open its newest Houston location as a concept store on Nov. 9. All concept stores in the company’s portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company’s new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile.
Some features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets or played from their own Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touch-screens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The Houston location is one of more than a dozen concept stores to open since the company began converting to such stores. By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.
Natural Grocers opens Idaho Falls store Nov. 12
Lakewood, Colo. — Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage is opening its second store in Idaho, which will be located in Idaho Falls. The store opens for business on Nov. 12.
"We invite the Idaho Falls community to come in see what we’re about," said Kemper Isely, Natural Grocers co-president. "While they are here, shoppers can also take part in a free nutritional education seminar- or pick up some practical ideas for healthy eating during one of our free cooking demonstrations."
AMC to open eight screens at Streets of St. Charles in St. Louis
Peoria, Ill. — AMC Theatres plans to open a new 40,000-sq.-ft. eight-screen theater complex at the Streets of St. Charles, a 400,000-sq.-ft. mixed-use project in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
Slated to open in the fall of 2014, AMC will join a mix of retail, restaurant and office tenants. Restaurants include Tucanos Brazilian Grill, Prasino and Five Guys Burgers & Fries. Bar Louie plans to open next spring.
Retail and office tenants include MassageLuXe, Streets of St. Charles Dental, Wamhoff Financial Planning, Brown Smith Wallace, Cole and the Art Institute of St. Louis.
AMC operates 344 theaters throughout the U.S., including 25 of the 50 highest grossing theaters in the country.