Report: New mixed-use development coming to Birmingham, Mich.
Birmingham, Mich. – A new 49,000-sq.-ft. mixed-use development including an entire floor of retail space is slated to open in downtown Birmingham, Michigan, in third quarter 2015. According to the Macomb Daily News, the development, called “The Forefront,” will be located in the Principal shopping district and feature retail stores on the first floor and 11 luxury condos on the second and third floors.
The development will be built on the site of an existing building, which will be demolished.
Ross Dress for Less opens new stores in Las Vegas, Florida
Dublin, Calif. – Ross Dress for Less will open one new store in Las Vegas and two new stores in Florida on July 19. The new stores are part of the retailer’s 2014 expansion program, totaling approximately 75 new locations during the year.
The Florida stores will be located in Pier Park North in Panama City Beach and Royal Gardens Plaza in Hialeah Garden. They will give Ross a total of 140 stores in Florida.
Marketplace at Tech Center draws 18 retailers; opens July 2015
Newport News, Va. – Marketplace at Tech Center, a mixed-use lifestyle center Newport News, Va., will be the site of several stores and restaurants that cannot currently be found elsewhere on the Virginia Peninsula. These “first-to-market” retailers (with the exception of those that have outlet stores in Williamsburg) that have inked deals include:
• Whole Foods: 35,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• DSW Shoe Warehouse: 18,062-sq.-ft. of retail space
• BJ’s Brewhouse: 7,400-sq.-ft. of retail space
• PF Chang’s China Bistro: 6,400-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Carters: 3,915-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Café Rio: 3,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• OshKosh B’gosh: 3,040-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Zoe’s Kitchen:2,600-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Avalon Spa: 1,200-sq.-ft. of retail space
Other retailers who have signed leases to join Tech Center include:
• Stein Mart: 32,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Ulta Salon, Cosmetics and Fragrances: 11,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Five Below: 7,854-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Massage Envy: 3,640-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Navy Federal Credit Union: 3,500-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Starbucks: 1,950-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches: 1,600-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Hair Cuttery: 1,200-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Conte’s Bike Shop: 2,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
Marketplace at Tech Center is the retail component of Tech Center at Oyster Point, a $250 million mixed-use development on 100 acres in Newport News. The master plan for Tech Center at Oyster Point includes 230,000-sq.-ft. of retail, 290 luxury apartment homes, and 30,000-sq.-ft. of new specialty office space. The retail portion should celebrate its grand opening in July 2015.