Report: Wal-Mart looks to open first India store within 18 months

New Delhi, India — A Friday report by the Wall Street Journal disclosed that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. expects to open its first retail stores in India within the next 12 to 18 months.

In an interview with WSJ, Scott Price, Asia president and CEO of Wal-Mart, said that the retailer has not pinpointed where the first stores will be located or ultimately how many there will be. But the latest decision handed down by the Indian government allowing megastore retailers to enter the country via joint ventures paved the way for the impending openings.

Price told WSJ that the company expects to continue its current partnership with India’s Bharti Enterprises in a chain of 17 cash-and-carry stores, but it is not in discussions with any other companies for a potential retail partnership.

Apr-10-2013 07:33 pm

chatrandom
Retailers this year are smartly investing to create a holistic customer experience across stores, desktop, and mobile to improve conversion rates. chatrandom

Apr-10-2013 07:33 pm

T.Shi says:
Mar-28-2013 09:53 am

Glad to hear they're gonna
Glad to hear they're gonna open one soon. A relative of mine who runs a vocational training school is hoping to see a Wal-Mart store in India when she goes there.

T.Shi says:
Mar-28-2013 09:53 am

B.Ali says:
Mar-27-2013 03:19 pm

google
I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking site. I like your good work.expulsion of fetus

B.Ali says:
Mar-27-2013 03:19 pm

B.Ali says:
Mar-26-2013 03:23 pm

google
Excellent posts to read it up and keep going on this way. And keep sharing these types of things thanks.hair cuts new techniques

B.Ali says:
Mar-26-2013 03:23 pm

B.Ali says:
Mar-25-2013 03:10 pm

bizznus
It is very well so the given article well enough gives to understand what it is needed anymore to pay attention on thanks to the groups of a different size.bizznus

B.Ali says:
Mar-25-2013 03:10 pm

B.Ali says:
Mar-20-2013 03:22 pm

google
SEO may generate a return on investment. However, search engines are not paid for organic search traffic, their algorithms change, and there are no guarantees of continued referrals.writersdrive.com

B.Ali says:
Mar-20-2013 03:22 pm

P.Lab says:
Mar-06-2013 08:55 pm

Nice post. I have been
Nice post. I have been searching for articles about valves and actuators and your post really helps. Thanks a lot for posting this. Next month I am going to be on my holidays in Dubai I try to use these tips in it superiorpapers.net

P.Lab says:
Mar-06-2013 08:55 pm

Feb-19-2013 02:31 pm

Hello, I have browsed most of
Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. pure raspberry ketone

Troy55 says:
Feb-13-2013 10:33 am

This is such a great resource
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. Learn More About Energy Future

kathrine says:
Feb-01-2013 07:57 am

i trade
Trading zone where you can do entire trading, buy and sell, us trade , i trade and everything else, the world ‘s largest online trading marketplace. trade in zone , i trade , uk trade

T.Bowen says:
Jan-31-2013 02:22 am

Yeah, I heard this report a
Yeah, I heard this report a while ago and people are really expecting about the opening of their first retailer stores in India that expected to open more or less 18 months. But they are having a small problem with the Indian government because they are allowing megastore retailers to enter the country via joint ventures paved the way for the impending openings.-αγορά χρυσού I'm not so familiar with the Indian government but I'm still searching for an idea about their government rules. Hopefully, the retailer stores of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will be open soon. ασήμι Teresa Bowen

T.Bowen says:
Jan-31-2013 02:22 am

S.Walker says:
Jan-17-2013 11:36 am

traveling
i like to see it lap the miles http://www.traveling-inn.com http://www.fantasyfootballssports.com/ http://www.guide2coach.com/

S.Walker says:
Jan-17-2013 11:36 am

J.Johnss says:
Jan-02-2013 05:24 pm

I am doing a report on this
I am doing a report on this subject. Your article is full of really useful information. I will make sure to come back to check out your posts for my next report. Cheers Jon Dyer

J.Johnss says:
Jan-02-2013 05:24 pm

Costco and Macy’s take home World Retail Awards

New York — Two U.S. retailers took home top honors at the 2012 World Retail Awards in London, with Costco Wholesale Club named “Retailer of the Year,” and Macy’s recognized as “Multichannel Retailer of the Year.” The awards were announced as part of the 2012 World Retail Congress.

In other awards, Ikea was presented with the “International Retailer of the Year” award, and Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis, was given the “Outstanding Leadership” award, Marks & Spencer and Woolworths South Africa were joint winners of “Responsible Retailer of the Year” award.

The “Store Design of the Year” award went to Fangsuo Commune, in Guangzhou, China. The “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year” award went to Turkey’s biggest consumer electronics retailer, Teknosa.

The co-sponsors of the 2012 World Retail Congress are Deloitte and Mastercard.

Mar-29-2013 07:12 pm

chat random
Macy’s recognized as “Multichannel Retailer of the Year.” The awards were announced as part of the 2012 World Retail Congress. chat random

Mar-29-2013 07:12 pm

J.Jaak says:
Mar-20-2013 07:28 am

This is what I have been
This is what I have been searching in many websites and I finally found it here. Amazing article. best adjustable beds reviews

J.Jaak says:
Mar-20-2013 07:28 am

A.Khan says:
Feb-16-2013 07:16 pm

Great tips and very easy to
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. oven cleaner Milton Keynes

A.Khan says:
Feb-16-2013 07:16 pm

A.Khan says:
Feb-04-2013 09:58 pm

have a presentation
have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for such information. It's really a great and useful piece of info. I'm satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. tomygirl

A.Khan says:
Feb-04-2013 09:58 pm

Home Depot names new board member

ATLANTA — The Home Depot has named Mark Vadon to its board of directors. Vadon will be a member of the audit and finance committees. His appointment gives the company 11 directors, 10 of whom are independent.

In 1999, Vadon co-founded Blue Nile Inc., the leading online retailer of diamonds and fine jewelry, and has served as the chairman of its board of directors since its inception. During Blue Nile’s history, Vadon has also served as its executive chairman (from 2008 to 2011), chief executive officer (from 1999 to 2008) and president (from 1999 to 2007). Prior to co-founding Blue Nile, Vadon was a consultant for Bain & Company, a management consulting firm, which he joined in 1992. In 2009, Vadon co-founded Zulily Inc., a daily deals site for moms, babies and kids. He serves as the chairman of its board of directors.

"Mark’s expertise in developing and implementing successful online strategies will be a benefit to our company and an asset to our board," said Frank Blake, chairman & CEO. "I am pleased to welcome him to the board and look forward to his contributions."