Research report: Most retailers plan to use mobile gift cards

San Diego — Research released Thursday by Transaction Wireless and Aberdeen Group, which examined the benefits of mobile and digital gifting and emerging trends in mobile and social frontiers, found a shift toward digital gifting.

In fact, online gift cards have risen to prominence in the past few years and are now used by nearly a third (28%) of retailers. More than half – 61% – plan to use mobile gift cards, and 43% of customers prefer to use the mobile medium for gift cards.

Half (51%) of retailers list the convenience for using gift cards on the mobile device as a top benefit of mobile gifting; the second most commonly cited benefit of mobile gift cards is their anytime, anywhere access.

Forty-one percent of retailers said that mobile gifting should provide an end-to-end, 360-degree unified shopper experience across multiple channels of sales and service. And, according to 38% of retailers, personalization of mobile gifting is the most important element for securing customer adoption.

“Digital gift cards are fast becoming a reality in retail and are in fact surpassing the interest in traditional plastic gift cards,” said Thomas Niedbalski, senior VP business and client development for Transaction Wireless.

A white paper detailing the report is available for download here.

W.Ahmed says:
Mar-06-2013 10:10 am

Nearly a third (31%) of
Nearly a third (31%) of customers prefer a website for digital gifts, and another 31% prefer Facebook. Total Creation Review

W.Ahmed says:
Mar-06-2013 10:10 am

J.Kotarn says:
Dec-10-2012 08:47 am

According to 38% of
According to 38% of retailers, personalization of mobile gifting is the most important element for securing customer adoption. cell phone listening

S.Lafer says:
Dec-10-2012 04:18 am

Nearly a third (31%) of
Nearly a third (31%) of customers prefer a website for digital gifts, and another 31% prefer Facebook. cell phone spy software

J.Kotarn says:
Dec-10-2012 08:47 am

S.Lafer says:
Dec-10-2012 04:18 am

F.Gill1 says:
Oct-25-2012 08:14 am

Super concert, je me suis
Super concert, je me suis bien amusé. Vivement le prochain. hockey playing tips

F.Gill1 says:
Oct-25-2012 08:14 am

Super concert, je me suis bien amusé. Vivement le prochain. hockey playing tips

Oct-06-2012 04:29 am

This is a well written
This is a well written article on this subject. I have been looking at starting a new business and this is valuable information to help me in my decision. Thank you. www.whichwaytopay.de

Oct-06-2012 04:29 am

rendemmkolam says:
Sep-26-2012 07:55 am

This article is something
This article is something that will help me with my class assignment. It helped me to better understand another aspect of this topic. Thanks. Century List

rendemmkolam says:
Sep-26-2012 07:55 am

tarepajanbik says:
Sep-25-2012 11:13 am

I would like to thank you for
I would like to thank you for your nicely written post, its informative and your writing style encouraged me to read it till end. Thanks English tutor Vancouver

tarepajanbik says:
Sep-25-2012 11:13 am

A.Johnson says:
Jul-28-2012 11:08 pm

gift cards
We're seeing a push to mobile and online gift cards in the UK at http://www.thegiftcardcentre.co.uk as shoppers want convenience. First we had paper gift vouchers, then plastic gift cards, and now we see increasing sales of e-gift vouchers, or emailable instant gift cards, especially amazon gift certificates. Mobile is the next step after online!

A.Johnson says:
Jul-28-2012 11:08 pm

GNC profit near doubles in Q2

Pittsburgh — GNC Holdings reported Thursday that net income for the quarter ended June 30 nearly doubled to $66.7 million, compared with $36 million for second quarter 2011.

Consolidated revenue increased 19.4% to $619.1 million, and same-store sales increased 12.9% in domestic company-owned stores, representing the company’s 28th consecutive quarter of positive same store sales growth.

Fifth & Pacific narrows Q2 loss

New York — Fifth and Pacific Cos. reported Thursday that it narrowed its loss in the second quarter to $52.1 million, compared with a loss of $89.9 million in the same period last year. Results, which beat Wall Street expectations, were boosted by strong sales from the Kate Spade and Lucky Brand banners.

The company that was formerly known as Liz Claiborne Inc. saw net sales fall 6.5% to $336.9 million in the quarter, which still beat analysts’ forecasted $330.8 million.

Lucky Brand sales rose 15% to $112 million and Kate Spade sales jumped 48% to $101 million. But Juicy Couture sales fell 10% to $105 million.

The company sold the Liz Claiborne brand to J.C. Penney Co. last November and officially changed its name to Fifth & Pacific in May.

H.Hashimamlar says:
Dec-14-2012 06:44 am

Thank you for sharing me together with your weblog, I’ve get a lot from your webpage.Wherever there may be a will there exists a way. Presume as lengthy as I function challenging to face almost everything from the lifestyle, can we possess a bright long run. crossfit rings

H.Hashimamlar says:
Dec-14-2012 06:44 am

S.Gibbs says:
Nov-30-2012 01:30 pm

I may agree with the idea of
I may agree with the idea of internet freedom but if we come to think of it more closely, a lot is being take for granted in the internet. One person attacks an organizatoin or certain individuals in ways the victims never know. Hacking for instance is such a huge crime. Privacy is invaded. Everybody's not safe anymore. It suggests that we should really need to think about this.MMA Gear

S.Gibbs says:
Nov-30-2012 01:30 pm

teryharryt says:
Oct-18-2012 04:21 pm

A good example of content
A good example of content presentation. A piece of information from you every now and then is really great. Everything was so well coordinated and looked so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Share It

teryharryt says: