Ross Dress for Less opens new stores in Las Vegas, Florida
Dublin, Calif. – Ross Dress for Less will open one new store in Las Vegas and two new stores in Florida on July 19. The new stores are part of the retailer’s 2014 expansion program, totaling approximately 75 new locations during the year.
The Florida stores will be located in Pier Park North in Panama City Beach and Royal Gardens Plaza in Hialeah Garden. They will give Ross a total of 140 stores in Florida.
Marketplace at Tech Center draws 18 retailers; opens July 2015
Newport News, Va. – Marketplace at Tech Center, a mixed-use lifestyle center Newport News, Va., will be the site of several stores and restaurants that cannot currently be found elsewhere on the Virginia Peninsula. These “first-to-market” retailers (with the exception of those that have outlet stores in Williamsburg) that have inked deals include:
• Whole Foods: 35,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• DSW Shoe Warehouse: 18,062-sq.-ft. of retail space
• BJ’s Brewhouse: 7,400-sq.-ft. of retail space
• PF Chang’s China Bistro: 6,400-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Carters: 3,915-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Café Rio: 3,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• OshKosh B’gosh: 3,040-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Zoe’s Kitchen:2,600-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Avalon Spa: 1,200-sq.-ft. of retail space
Other retailers who have signed leases to join Tech Center include:
• Stein Mart: 32,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Ulta Salon, Cosmetics and Fragrances: 11,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Five Below: 7,854-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Massage Envy: 3,640-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Navy Federal Credit Union: 3,500-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Starbucks: 1,950-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches: 1,600-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Hair Cuttery: 1,200-sq.-ft. of retail space
• Conte’s Bike Shop: 2,000-sq.-ft. of retail space
Marketplace at Tech Center is the retail component of Tech Center at Oyster Point, a $250 million mixed-use development on 100 acres in Newport News. The master plan for Tech Center at Oyster Point includes 230,000-sq.-ft. of retail, 290 luxury apartment homes, and 30,000-sq.-ft. of new specialty office space. The retail portion should celebrate its grand opening in July 2015.
Divaris Real Estate signs new retail tenants for Virginia Beach site
Virginia Beach, Va. – Divaris Real Estate Inc. has signed a lease with Twist Martini & Associates for 2,442 sq. ft. of retail space in the Town Center of Virginia Beach. Twist Martini will operate a full-menu, dine-in restaurant including a martini bar, a cigar club, an outside patio area and a private lounge on the second floor.
A grand opening in Town Center is planned for September 2014. This is the fourth new tenant to reveal its opening in the fifth phase at the Town Center of Virginia Beach. Recent announcements of new retailers to join the mixed-use development include Anthropologie, Free People and lululemon athletica. Additional new tenants — primarily fashion and soft furnishing retailers — will be announced in the near future.
Other noted retailers in The Town Center include Brooks Brothers, Loft, Origins, Cache’, Johnston & Murphy, Sunglass Hut, Men’s Wearhouse, bevello, Louis Jones Art Gallery, and Dick’s Sporting Goods. Recent openings include Destination Maternity and It’Sugar. The project is being developed by Armada Hoffler Properties Inc. The Town Center provides a mix of multilevel upscale retail, Class A office, luxury residential, The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts and an array of cafes, restaurants and deluxe business hotels.