Shift Communications adds Whole Foods Northern California region
San Francisco – Shift Communications is now representing Whole Foods Market as its primary public relations agency in the Northern California region, which includes the San Francisco Bay area, Sacramento, San Jose and Reno.
Shift will play a lead role in strategic planning for the company, driving media engagement at a regional level. The company will seek to highlight Whole Foods Northern California’s local involvement through support for and further development of community and influencer relations programs and events. The account will be served out of Shift San Francisco, located just across the Bay Bridge from Whole Foods Market’s regional support office in Emeryville.
Walgreens to reopen remodeled Union Square flagship
New York — Walgreens announced the official grand re-opening of its newest 24/7 flagship store, located in Manhattan’s Union Square neighborhood. The store, which will open on Jan. 23, originally opened in 2001 and has now been renovated to feature Walgreens’ new “Well Experience” format.
The store’s expanded features include:
• An advanced printing and photo lab providing expanded printing capabilities that include a full photo lab processing 35mm film, posters, banners, photo books, folded cards and calendars – all available in one hour.
• Consumable offerings providing an fresh selection of professional chef-rolled sushi, sandwiches, wraps and ready-to-eat cut fruits and vegetables. Walgreens core food categories also include a wider range of frozen foods and entrees as well as expanded deli dairy items.
• A new checkout format for customers offering greater access to the main registers and arranged in a way that will guide customers through easily, making for an overall quicker checkout.
• Web pickup, which allows customers to access the entire store’s online item assortment and pickup purchases in-store. Once an order is picked, the customer will receive an email and/or text message notifying them that the order is ready for pickup.
• An expanded beauty and personal care section.
"Walgreens is thrilled to provide customers our newest New York flagship location — unlike any traditional drug store — in Manhattan’s historic Union Square," Skip Bourdo, Walgreens market VP, said. "This location has been transformed to become customers’ first choice for health and daily living, and we look forward to continuing to help the residents and visitors of the Union Square neighborhood get, stay and live well."
Simon Property Group mall taps new regional director
Sean Mayo, former director of strategic partnerships for Simon Business Ventures, part of Simon Property Group’s (SPG) marketing and business development arm, has been promoted to regional director of marketing, east region of The Mills portfolio.
“We are thrilled to promote Sean who will direct the marketing strategy at seven of our successful east coast properties,” VP of marketing Kelly Mikesell. “Along with a talented team of marketing professionals, he will help to strengthen our portfolio and further brand The Mills properties throughout the country as leading shopping destinations within their markets.”
In his new role, Mayo will focus his attention on retailer sales, promotions, public relations and advertising and tourism-related efforts. He will oversee all marketing related work for Arundel Mills (Baltimore, Md.), Concord Mills (Charlotte, N.C.), Franklin Mills (Philadelphia, Pa.), Gurnee Mills (Chicago, Ill.), Opry Mills (Nashville, Tenn.), Potomac Mills (Washington, D.C., area) and Sugarloaf Mills (Atlanta, Ga.).
Having been with SPG since 2011, Mayo has worked to identify and secure partnerships with leading national brands, recently launching an initiative with MasterCard. Mayo’s past experience includes marketing, event planning and business development for prominent retail and entertainment organizations across the nation, such as Brown Shoe Company, Bally Total Fitness, NBA Entertainment and the New York Yankees.
Mayo received a B.A. in English from the University of Delaware and an M.B.A in marketing from Drexel University. He will be based at Potomac Mills and travel regularly throughout the eastern region.
The Mills, one of Simon Property Group’s five real estate platforms, offers a mix of popular name brand outlets, value retailers and full-price stores, plus family-oriented dining and entertainment concepts.