Shoe Carnival CEO to step down

Evansville, Ind. — Shoe Carnival announced that Mark L. Lemond is retiring for health reasons from his positions as president, CEO and director effective Oct. 27.

"Due to certain health reasons and my desire to spend more time with my family, I have decided to retire at the end of this fiscal quarter,” Lemond said. “It has been my great pleasure to have been associated with this company for nearly 25 years and to have been its CEO for 16 years. In my opinion, we have assembled the best executive management team in the retail footwear industry.”

Clifton E. Sifford, currently executive VP – general merchandise manager, will succeed Lemond as president and chief executive on a permanent basis, and will also have the title of chief merchandising officer, effective Oct. 27. Sifford will also join the board of directors.

In other promotions, W. Kerry Jackson, currently executive VP – CFO and treasurer, will assume the additional position of COO.

tareelolo says:
Dec-28-2012 10:56 am

I didn't say it didn't, to be
I didn't say it didn't, to be fair. I was just disappointed to find so much stomach-meat on the nachos was all. hardware keylogger

tareelolo says:
Dec-28-2012 10:56 am

Study: More than 40% of smartphone and tablet owners ‘showroom’

BY Alaric Dearment

Whiting, Ind. — An online consumer survey shows that nearly half of consumers go into brick-and-mortar stores with their smartphones to research items without buying them and then looked for the same item at a lower price online.

The 2,361-adult survey, conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of CouponCabin.com between Sept. 18 and 20, found that 43% of smartphone and tablet owners have engaged in the practice, known as "showrooming."

Of the shoppers who have showroomed, nearly all have sometimes or often bought a showroomed item online for a lower price later on, according to the survey; 28% of respondents said they did this often, while 68% said they do it sometimes. Forty-four percent said they were "not at all" concerned that showrooming may drive brick-and-mortar retailers out of business, while 41% said they were somewhat concerned, and 15% said they were very or extremely concerned.

"Consumers are using technology to find as many ways to save as possible, and showrooming is a prime example of that," CouponCabin.com president and chief savings officer Jackie Warrick said. "As showrooming becomes more widespread, some stores are concerned and are changing their strategies, offering new incentives and providing special offers to keep shoppers buying at their retail locations."

When asked what kinds of items they had showroomed, 50% of respondents said home electronics, while 44% said tech devices. Meanwhile, 40% said they showroomed entertainment items; 31% said they showroomed clothing; 29% said they showroomed shoes; and 24% said they showroomed computers.

Supervalu reports Q2 loss

Minneapolis — Supervalu Inc. on Thursday reported a loss of $111 for its second quarter, compared with net income of $60 million in the year-earlier quarter.

Revenue fell 4.6% to $8.04 billion in the quarter ended Sept. 8, from $8.43 billion in the year-earlier quarter. The decrease in net sales was blamed on both a decline in identical store sales and the sale of a majority of the company’s gas stations, which had contributed $158 million in revenue in the second quarter last year.

“We have accomplished a number of important steps since I became president and chief executive officer mid-way through the second quarter, including the successful refinancing of our credit facility, restructuring our executive leadership team, and announcing the closure of 60 stores,” said Wayne Sales, president, CEO, and chairman, Supervalu. “Our team is aggressively focused on four key strategic imperatives necessary to improve our business: driving profitable retail sales, growing Save-A-Lot, building our network of successful independent retailers, and reducing costs.

The company also announced Thursday that Leon Bergmann is leaving and will be succeeded as president of independent business by Janel Haugarth, effective immediately. Haugarth will continue to lead Supervalu’s business optimization efforts.

T.Khan says:
Dec-04-2012 05:58 am

great
book of ra || book of ra Once the publishing is done, you should be able to hit the SiteURL that you can find the dashboard page of the website. I am somewhat disappointed there is no UI to help with building the migration or even with running the migration.

T.Khan says:
Dec-04-2012 05:58 am

T.Khan says:
Dec-03-2012 07:53 am

great
sizzling hot download chip || sizzling hot free games Once the publishing is done, you should be able to hit the SiteURL that you can find the dashboard page of the website. I am somewhat disappointed there is no UI to help with building the migration or even with running the migration.

T.Khan says:
Dec-03-2012 07:53 am

Nov-28-2012 12:59 pm

This subject has interested
This subject has interested me for quite some time. I have just started researching it on the Internet and found your post to be informative. Thanks floridaesthetician.org

Nov-28-2012 09:50 am

Your approach to this post is
Your approach to this post is unique and appreciating. I am writing an article for our research paper and this post has helped me. Thanks. outdoor christmas lights

Nov-28-2012 12:59 pm

Nov-28-2012 09:50 am

Nov-21-2012 10:03 am

Your article tells me you
Your article tells me you must have a lot of background in this topic. Can you direct me to other articles about this? I will recommend this article to my friends as well. Thanks http://www.latest-global-news.com/

Nov-21-2012 10:03 am

Nov-16-2012 04:43 pm

I am preparing a research
I am preparing a research paper and collecting information on this topic. Your post is one of the better that I have read. Thank you for putting this information into one post. vases for graves

Nov-16-2012 04:43 pm

Nov-14-2012 03:36 am

I have been studying this
I have been studying this topic for a long time. You have provided great information in your post and some things I have not seen in other content I have read by others. http://www.insurance-knowledge.org/

Nov-14-2012 03:36 am

Nov-13-2012 12:01 pm

This conent is simply
This conent is simply exciting and creative. I have been deciding on a institutional move and this has helped me with one aspect. Cheers! Greg

Nov-13-2012 12:01 pm