Stuart Weitzman grows executive team to support growth
New York — Stuart Weitzman said Thursday that it has promoted Susan Duffy from senior VP global marketing to the position of chief marketing officer, as part of the luxury retailer’s plan for new market expansion.
As CMO, Duffy is charged with leading marketing, advertising, public relations and social media to ensure the branding message is consistent across all worldwide communications platforms.
Sally Ross has joined the company in the newly created role of chief merchandising officer of retail, focusing on defining and executing merchandising and visual strategies. Most recently, Ross was executive VP of merchandising for footwear at The Jones Group.
Effective Nov. 12, Jonathan Lelonek will join Stuart Weitzman as executive VP US wholesale, and Samara Hodgson joined the team as VP social and digital innovation.
Stuart Weitzman is a division of The Jones Group.
Walmart to sell hypertension drugs for 1 cent
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Members of a prescription drug program offered by Humana to Medicare beneficiaries will soon be able to obtain hypertension drugs from Walmart for a penny.
That’s right: $0.01.
Walmart and Humana said that starting in 2013, members of the Humana-Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan would have access to 10 drugs for high blood pressure for 1 cent each when filled at a Walmart or Sam’s Club store. The companies said the price meant members would pay that much for them through all phases of their benefit, regardless of whether they have met their deductibles or are in the coverage gap.
"We are committed to making pharmaceuticals more affordable so our customers can ultimately live healthier lives," Walmart health and wellness division president John Agwunobi said. "The Humana-Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan will help eliminate out-of-pocket costs for high blood pressure treatments so more patients can follow the regimen prescribed by their physicians."
The drugs offered under the program are lisinopril, hydrochlorothiazide, metoprolol tartrate, atenolol, lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide, triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide, enalapril maleate, benazepril, nadolol and captopril.
"A recent study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that close to 70% of Medicare beneficiaries aged 65 and older have hypertension," Humana Pharmacy Solutions president William Fleming said, citing a CDC National Center for Health Statistics study released in May. "This statistic underscores the importance of offering affordable, high-quality prescription drugs to baby boomers and other beneficiaries as part of the Humana-Walmart Preferred Rx Plan."
Walmart ‘guarantees’ customers its best Black Friday ever
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Walmart has unveiled its Black Friday circular and event times on www.Walmart.com as well as its Facebook wall and mobile app. The retailer’s Black Friday circular includes hundreds of brand name electronics, toys, apparel, sporting goods and home and houseware items. Backed by Walmart’s ad match guarantee, items featured in the Black Friday circular will be available during three events starting at 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 22.
Walmart also ensures especially hot items, such as Apple’s iPad 2 will be available for purchase during a special one-hour event on Thanksgiving.
"We know it’s frustrating for customers to shop on Black Friday and not get the items they want," said Duncan Mac Naughton, CMO, Walmart U.S., according to a press release. "This year, for the first time ever, customers that shop during Walmart’s one-hour event will be guaranteed to have three of the most popular items under their tree at a great low price."
Customers who are inside the store and in line between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. local time Thursday, Nov. 22, will be able to purchase the following electronics:
• Apple iPad 2 16GB with Wi-Fi – $399 plus get a $75 Walmart Gift Card
• Emerson 32" 720p LCD TV – $148
• LG Blu-ray Player – $38
In the event that either of the three electronics sells out before 11 p.m. local time Thursday, Nov. 22, Walmart will offer a Guarantee Card for the item, which customers must pay for by midnight and then register online. The product will be shipped to the store where it was purchased, where customers will be able to pick it up before Christmas.
Beginning at 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 22, the following top items will be available in stores, while supplies last:
• Xbox 360 4GB + SkyLanders Bundle – $149
• Wii Console– $89
• More than 100 video games priced at $10, $15 or $25 each
• Leappad 1.0 Learning Tablet ($65) and Furby ($45)
• Razor Accelerator 12-Volt Electric Scooter – $79
• Fisher Price Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler 6-Volt Ride Ons (Hot Wheels and Barbie) – $89 each
• Licensed boys’ and girls’ 2-piece sleep sets – $4.50 each
• Men’s and ladies’ denim – $9.50 each
• Home appliances such as a Crock Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker and Mr. Coffee Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker – $9.44 each
• Shark Steam Pocket Mop and Ninja Pulse Blender – $39 each
• Fashion dolls such as Barbie, Bratz and Disney Princess – $5 each
• Hundreds of DVD and Blu-ray movies such as Brave, The Amazing Spiderman, Hunger Games, ranging from $1.96 to $9.96 each
• Better Homes and Gardens 700-Thread Count Sheet Set – $19.96
• 48" Air-Powered Hockey Table – $29.86
• 14′ Trampoline with Enclosure and Bonus Flash Light Zone – $159
Starting at 10 p.m. Thursday, Nov., the following brand name electronics will be available during Walmart’s big event:
• Vizio 60" 720p LED Smart TV with built in Wi-Fi – $688
• Samsung 43" 720p 600Hz Class Plasma HDTV – $378
• HP 15.6" Laptop with 4GB and 320GB hard drive – $279
• Nikon D3000 Digital Camera with Lens Kit – $449
• Samsung Smart ST195 Digital Camera – $99
• Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones – $179.95
• Nook Color 8GB Tablet – $99
• Virgin Mobile 3G/4G Hotspot – $39.88
Starting at 5 a.m. Friday, Nov. 23, the following items will be available during Walmart’s Caffeine Not Needed event:
• Sharp 70" 1080p 120Hz HDTV – $1,798
• Acer 13.3" Ultrabook™ with 4GB and 320GB solid state drive – $499
• $100 Walmart gift card with the purchase of select smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S III, Droid RAZR M by Motorola and HTC One X
• Goodyear Tires ranging from $59 – $99 each
• Forever Bride 1/3 -Carat T.W. Diamond Ring in 10K Gold – $198
• Stanley® 6-Drawer Rolling Tool Cabinet with 85-Piece Mechanic Tool Set – $99
• Singer® Sew Mate 5400 60-Stitch Sewing Machine – $99.97
• 5" Pre-Lit Harrison Christmas Tree – $20
• Better Homes and Gardens Deluxe Recliner – $199
Walmart will honor its long-standing ad match guarantee on Black Friday. Customers will be able to match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product at the cash register.
To help customers prepare to navigate the three events, Walmart will post a Black Friday local store map on www.Walmart.com as well as on local Walmart Facebook pages. For the first time, customers will also be able to view an interactive local store map on their mobile phone via the Walmart Mobile App. Customers can use the app to click on items and see the price, product description and location in the store.
In addition to its in-store Black Friday big event, Walmart will offer a two-day online-only event on its site from early on Thanksgiving Day through Black Friday. Shoppers will be able to choose free shipping to home on eligible $45 orders and will also be able to ship free to store on eligible items as well as use the retailer’s Pay with Cash option.
Items available during the two-day online-only sale will include the following:
• Samsung 50" Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
• Ematic 7" Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
• Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
• Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25
For the first time, Walmart is also offering customers who sign up for email at Walmart.com, like its Facebook wall or download the Walmart Mobile App the opportunity to be among the first to get early access to special deals and information. These customers will receive exclusive, early access to purchase select Black Friday "store" items directly online at www.Walmart.com or by using the Walmart Mobile App hours before items are available in stores.
Because of local laws, opening hours may vary; therefore, customers should check with their local stores to confirm event start times. Prices and items may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Puerto Rico. For more information on Walmart’s new one-hour guarantee, go to www.walmart.com/1hourguarantee. To view the Black Friday circular, go to www.Walmart.com/blackfriday.