ECOMMERCE

Tommy Bahama in deal with FiftyOne Global Ecommerce to expand global reach

Seattle — Tommy Bahama has partnered with FiftyOne Global Ecommerce, a provider of global e-commerce services to U.S. retailers, to immediately expand the Tommy Bahama’s international reach by delivering goods to 100 countries around the globe.

“We’re very excited about our partnership with FiftyOne and the opportunity to ship to 100 countries,” said Doug Wood, President and COO of Tommy Bahama. “The launch of this next phase in our international strategy will give Tommy Bahama the ability to reach more customers around the world with our relaxed lifestyle message.”

The retailer started its international expansion earlier this year with the opening of retail stores in Macau and Singapore. Additional locations are planned for Hong Kong, Tokyo and other markets. The partnership with FiftyOne expands Tommy Bahama’s international reach. It gives ecommerce customers the opportunity to shop for Tommy Bahama products, and to purchase and checkout with automatic currency conversions, local payment options and landed cost delivery guaranteed to more than 100 countries globally. FiftyOne also assists in key site optimization and localization, and cross-border delivery and import processes.

Walgreens teams with app developers on photo printing

BY Michael Johnson

Deerfield, Ill. — Walgreens on Tuesday extended its innovation in mobile technology with the introduction of a developer portal that allows third-party software developers to integrate the Walgreens QuickPrints software development kit, enabling photo printing directly from iPhone and Android mobile devices.

“Our new QuickPrints SDK enables third-party software developers to tap Walgreens Web services, building a broad selection of apps that deliver our convenient store capabilities to more customers,” Walgreens e-commerce chief technical officer Abhi Dhar said.

The launch of the QuickPrints SDK marks the first time that Walgreens has provided an open interface for third-party application developers to integrate Walgreens in-store services. QuickPrints, currently available in the Walgreens iPhone and Android applications, allows mobile users to print photos directly from their phone in about an hour.

"With almost 30% of photos today taken on smartphones and the popularity of photo applications growing, the opportunity for consumers to benefit from the convenience of printing their memories to Walgreens through a variety of photo apps is tremendous,” said Jasbir Patel, senior director of Walgreens photo.

The QuickPrints SDK already has been adopted by GroupShot, Kicksend, Pic Stitch, Pinweel and StillShot, with more partners expected to join the program in the coming weeks. Walgreens also is partnering with Aviary, a digital photo-editing platform currently used by more than 1,200 app developers and 8 million consumers, to leverage its growing group of photo application partners.

To encourage mobile developers to include new features using the QuickPrints SDK within their application, Walgreens will host its first Mobile Photo Hack Day event Aug. 11, at its downtown Chicago e-commerce office at 36 S. Wabash Ave. The event will provide developers the opportunity to meet, collaborate and showcase their creative implementations of the QuickPrints SDK in their applications.

Developer demos will be reviewed by a panel of top industry professionals with a total of $5,000 in cash prizes available to the top developer integrations.

First Data: Card spending growth inched lower in June as consumers remained cautious

Atlanta — A report by FirstData Corp. found that year-over-year dollar volume growth was 6.4% in June, down from May’s 7.0% growth as continuing high unemployment and economic anxiety caused consumers to pull back on spending. The report tracks same-store consumer spending by credit, signature debit, PIN debit, EBT, closed-loop prepaid cards and checks at U.S. merchant locations.

The First Data SpendTrend analysis for the full month of June 2012 compared with June 2011 found that average ticket growth at retail stores slowed to 0.1% in June from 1.0% in May. Many retailers engaged in aggressive promotional activity in order to stimulate demand. Low inflation levels also contributed to the slowdown in average ticket growth. Average ticket growth at retail stores was 1.5% in June after rising 1.9% in May.

“Consumers became increasingly cautious with their spending in June. Unseasonably warm temperatures accompanied by storms further dampened spending growth late in the month,” said Mark Herrington, executive VP of global product management and innovation, First Data.

Here is more information from the report:

June Dollar Volume Growth Change
Credit +4.8%
Signature Debit +6.5%
PIN Debit +9.5%
Check -7.5%
Closed-Loop Prepaid -4.3%

Note: All transactions are same-store growth.

J.Williams says:
May-23-2013 05:56 am

The dollar was down since two
The dollar was down since two months due to unemployment in United States. Even it has dad effect on the economy growth. Consumers will be very careful in the coming months on their spending's. Regards, http://www.glendalerealestatearizona.com/

J.Williams says:
May-23-2013 05:56 am

J.Desuza says:
May-14-2013 11:42 am

Great Post
Great post with a lot of very usefull resources. Thanks for sharing.Nice Thanks for sharing such a wonderful tips, it really helps telefonkatalogen.biz

J.Desuza says:
May-14-2013 11:42 am

M.Kapoor says:
May-11-2013 11:31 am

nicesite
I found this informative and interesting blog so i think so its very useful and knowledge able.I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future. Sandhi Sudha India

M.Kapoor says:
May-11-2013 11:31 am

J.carter111 says:
Apr-14-2013 01:42 pm

I can see that you are an
I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Preschool in Agoura Hills

J.carter111 says:
Apr-14-2013 01:42 pm

D.Renjie says:
Mar-26-2013 03:05 am

In one experiment, half the
In one experiment, half the subjects were served aion kinah carrots while the other half had a choice of carrots or celery. Only 69 percent of the first group ate their vegetables, compared with 91 percent of the latter aion kinah group. It's not that celery fans are more common, says David Just, PhD: "Limiting food choices induces a natural tendency to rebel against restrictions. When we're able to aion kinah make a choice, even a meaningless choice, we value the outcome more highly." In other words, by packing two veggies, you'll up your odds of eating at least one.

D.Renjie says:
Mar-26-2013 03:05 am

U.Preesss says:
Mar-23-2013 03:11 am

Now many people know this topic
Now many people know this topic. Very attractive. So I came to a published personal opinion, only a person point of view. Again, I recommend you use this station toko jilbab online

U.Preesss says:
Mar-23-2013 03:11 am

Richard1122 says:
Mar-19-2013 01:57 pm

I admit, I have not been on
I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. elainestoffee.com

Richard1122 says:
Mar-19-2013 01:57 pm

S.Sdasdsa says:
Mar-06-2013 02:07 pm

This is such a great resource
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. www.reverse-email.com

S.Sdasdsa says:
Mar-06-2013 02:07 pm

Feb-16-2013 10:41 am

You’ve got some interesting
You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. Relationship Advice by Sikerszok Asok

Feb-16-2013 10:41 am

I.Adler says:
Jan-18-2013 09:56 am

Highly advanced electric
Highly advanced electric toothbrushes are starting to replace old and traditional ones. It is but normal to satisfy our cravings for the best and most effective oral gadget in the market today because whether we admit it or not, most of the time, we fail in taking care of our teeth such that our next dental appointment could burn holes in our pockets. oral b pulsonic

I.Adler says:
Jan-18-2013 09:56 am

E.Rines says:
Jan-12-2013 06:16 am

michael kors outlet online is
michael kors outlet online is also coming this world now! most famous brand in usa,also the world,why are coach spread so wide,that michael kors clutches is because cheap with fashion

E.Rines says:
Jan-12-2013 06:16 am

W.Hugh says:
Jan-07-2013 06:47 am

Thank you very much for your kindness and efforts to helping us in many ways. More powers to you. essays help

candy says:
Jan-07-2013 03:12 am

Keeps health
How to Keeps health is more and more important to us, so what should we do to have a healthy body? You can just click in this site that you may find some useful info.

W.Hugh says:
Jan-07-2013 06:47 am

candy says:
Jan-07-2013 03:12 am

L.Racker says:
Dec-28-2012 05:54 am

Low inflation levels also
Low inflation levels also contributed to the slowdown in average ticket growth. free cell phone spy software cell phone listening

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:20 am

Ina
This is one of the best blogs I’ve ever read. I m absolutely excited to get to read such a well blog. The amount of data that I get is truly great. This is an good masterpiece. I am truly impressed. I would love to read more of your blogs. Please sustain posting. Keep up the good work plan a journey

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:18 am

Olivia
This is one of the best blogs I’ve ever read. I m absolutely excited to get to read such a well blog. The amount of data that I get is truly great. This is an good masterpiece. I am truly impressed. I would love to read more of your blogs. Please sustain posting. Keep up the good work[url=http://www.journeymood.com/]plan a journey[/url]

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:16 am

Olivia
Buy or Sell Diablo III gold, item, account, diablo gold powerleveling,24/7 online service,pet knowlege offers cheap Diablo 3 Gold and Diablo 3 Coins.

L.Racker says:
Dec-28-2012 05:54 am

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:20 am

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:18 am

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:16 am

J.Kross says:
Dec-20-2012 07:31 am

Gaming is good option
Gaming is good option to time-pass when you have no work to do. Automatenspiele kostenlos is a good option. I found there are so many peoples who want to play goames online with spenting a single minute on website registeration. bookofra kostenlos spielen ohne anmeldung helping those peoples. Bookofra play free is very easy to play & easy to understand. So, kostenlos book of ra spielen ohne anmeldung is saning time as well.

J.Kross says:
Dec-20-2012 07:31 am

P.Hard says:
Nov-20-2012 03:53 pm

AS you said that Unseasonably
AS you said that Unseasonably warm temperatures accompanied by storms further dampened spending growth late in the month,is there any solution to meet this difficulty?English bulldogs for sale

P.Hard says:
Nov-20-2012 03:53 pm

J.Disuza says:
Oct-30-2012 12:00 pm

troubleshoot help number
Some people might be thinking that if the economical pressure is there we need to spend very tight. Yes June month is so tight with our money for spending as most of the economical changes will happen on that month. Thanks for the information. Outlook repair and troubleshoot help number

J.Disuza says:
Oct-30-2012 12:00 pm

J.Fonder says:
Oct-24-2012 08:19 pm

Dollar and Unemployement
We all have to understand that those who do not have a job must ask god for a job and if he does not recieve then he needs to understand that God's is great and he will supply all his need and those who truely believe will be the ones who will get the blessing http://www.musclemaximizerexpert.com and when things do get hard praise the Lord for he is good and merciful to those who shwo themselves merciful.

J.Fonder says:
Oct-24-2012 08:19 pm

N.Vartas says:
Oct-11-2012 01:43 pm

trend
This data doesn't seem very surprising as accordingly to the fact that economy is already slagging for a long term. It should effect many real estate developments as well. But there are a lot of already developed projects, as vilkpede silas or oze parkas

N.Vartas says:
Oct-11-2012 01:43 pm

Oct-06-2012 01:30 pm

Your approach to this topic
Your approach to this topic is unique and informative. I am writing an article for our school paper and this post has helped me a lot. Cheers cupcakes

Oct-06-2012 01:30 pm

kasawadiha says:
Sep-25-2012 03:04 pm

Sometimes it is extremely
Sometimes it is extremely difficult to explore good and useful information out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thanks for helping me out. SEO

kasawadiha says:
Sep-25-2012 03:04 pm

hanjibadtol says:
Sep-22-2012 08:36 am

I am researching this topic
I am researching this topic for use in a future business I am thinking about starting. Thank you for this information, it has been educational and helpful to me. Lenihan Sothebys Realty

flasnitbar says:
Sep-22-2012 07:15 am

Your article is very exciting
Your article is very exciting and informational. I am trying to decide on a career move and this has helped me with one aspect. Thank you so much! pdf converter for mac

hanjibadtol says: