Uniqlo announces locations for 10 new mall stores
New York — Uniqlo will open 10 U.S. mall stores in October and November, giving it a total of 17 U.S. locations. The new stores are strategically placed surrounding the brand’s current flagship stores on the East and West Coasts (see below for schedule).
To support its retail expansion, Uniqlo will debut a new, more interactive website this fall.
Uniqlo will open four stores in California, three in New York, two in New Jersey and one in Connecticut. Here is the schedule:
- Bridgewater Commons Mall in Bridgewater (Oct. 4)
- Menlo Park Mall in Edison (Nov. 1)
- Staten Island Mall in Staten Island (Oct. 18)
- Atlantic Terminal Mall in Brooklyn (Oct. 25)
- Smith Haven Mall in Lake Grove (Nov. 8)
- Westfield Trumbull Shopping Center in Trumbull (Nov. 8)
- Hillsdale Shopping Center in San Mateo (Oct. 11)
- Stonestown Galleria in San Francisco (Oct. 18)
- Westfield Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara (Oct. 25)
- Bay Street Emeryville in Emeryville (Nov.1)
Old Navy to enter Philippines
San Francisco — Gap Inc. will open its first franchise-operated Old Navy stores in the Philippines in 2014. Earlier this year, the company announced that it would begin franchising Old Navy stores internationally.
Gap will partner with Stores Specialists, which operates Gap brand and Banana Republic stores in-market, to open two Old Navy locations in the beginning of 2014 with plans to open additional stores by the end of the same fiscal year.
“With a steadily growing retail market, the Philippines represents a great opportunity for Old Navy and an important step in the brand’s international expansion,” said Sonia Syngal, senior VP of Old Navy International.
Old Navy currently operates over 1,000 stores in the U.S., Canada, and Japan, and recently announced plans to open stores in China in the first half of 2014.
Urban Outfitters an early adopter of FineLine’s new analytical reporting tool
Atlanta — FineLine Technologies Inc. is initializing the rollout of FastTrak Analytics, a web-based solution that provides detailed visibility into variable ticketing supply lead times, with Urban Outfitters among the early adopters of the new analytical reporting tool.
“FineLine understands our supply chain and is the first supplier to provide us with real-time reporting for both shipping and received-at-vendor performance metrics. This real-time information helps us to better manage our ticketing supply chain,” said Jay Hallett, vendor relations manager, at Urban Outfitters, a leading specialty store retailer of women’s and men’s fashion apparel, footwear and accessories.
FastTrak Analytics is the newest addition to the FastTrak platform, an Internet-based solution for order processing, tracking and management of the ticketing function. The analytical reporting tool will provide FineLine’s base of 200 brand name retail customers with three core reports:
- Order turnaround time — average time between receipt of an order by FineLine and shipment of tickets.
- Order received time — average time between receipt of an order by FineLine and delivery of tickets to vendors.
- Orders shipped to country — average time between receipt of an order by FineLine and delivery of tickets to vendors in a specific country.