Walmart to hire 50,000 holiday associates

Bentonville, Ark. — Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said Friday it will add about 50,000 seasonal associates to staff its stores this year, as well as offer additional hours to existing personnel.

“This is our busiest time of the year and we are focused even more on providing excellent service to our shoppers throughout the holiday season,” said Gisel Ruiz, executive VP and COO, Walmart U.S. “One way we do that is by ensuring our stores are adequately staffed by our associates.”

M.Strom says:
Sep-24-2012 11:12 am

Last Year everything was excellent. Friendly,helpful and most importantly quick service. We will see this year. Inconel

M.Strom says:
Sep-24-2012 11:12 am

Home Depot names Blue Nile co-founder to board

Atlanta — The Home Depot said Friday it has named Mark Vadon, co-founder of online jeweler Blue Nile, to its board of directors.

Vadon will serve on the audit and finance committees. His appointment gives the company 11 directors, 10 of whom are independent.

M.Strom says:
Sep-24-2012 11:49 am

I heard Blue Nile’s Co-Founder Started a Private-Sale Site. Created a new Customer Group - children’s clothes from organic cotton. contractor

M.Strom says:
Sep-24-2012 11:49 am

Costco and Macy’s take home World Retail Awards

New York — Two U.S. retailers took home top honors at the 2012 World Retail Awards in London, with Costco Wholesale Club named “Retailer of the Year,” and Macy’s recognized as “Multichannel Retailer of the Year.” The awards were announced as part of the 2012 World Retail Congress.

In other awards, Ikea was presented with the “International Retailer of the Year” award, and Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis, was given the “Outstanding Leadership” award, Marks & Spencer and Woolworths South Africa were joint winners of “Responsible Retailer of the Year” award.

The “Store Design of the Year” award went to Fangsuo Commune, in Guangzhou, China. The “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year” award went to Turkey’s biggest consumer electronics retailer, Teknosa.

The co-sponsors of the 2012 World Retail Congress are Deloitte and Mastercard.

Mar-29-2013 07:12 pm

Macy’s recognized as “Multichannel Retailer of the Year.” The awards were announced as part of the 2012 World Retail Congress. chat random

Mar-29-2013 07:12 pm

J.Jaak says:
Mar-20-2013 07:28 am

This is what I have been searching in many websites and I finally found it here. Amazing article. best adjustable beds reviews

J.Jaak says:
Mar-20-2013 07:28 am

A.Khan says:
Feb-16-2013 07:16 pm

Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. oven cleaner Milton Keynes

A.Khan says:
Feb-16-2013 07:16 pm

A.Khan says:
Feb-04-2013 09:58 pm

have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for such information. It's really a great and useful piece of info. I'm satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. tomygirl

A.Khan says: