Wet Seal chairman and three board members out; replaced by Clinton Group nominees

Foothills Ranch, Calif. — The chairman of The Wet Seal and three other directors have stepped down from its board, replaced by four nominees of the Clinton Group. The move follows several attempts by the activist investor group, which holds about 7% of Wet Seal, to take control of the struggling retailer.

As a result of the board changes, Clinton Group has agreed to terminate its effort to get support from shareholders for its nominees, Wet Seal said Friday.

The Wet Sea said board members Jonathan Duskin, Sidney Horn and Henry Winterstern have resigned, along with chairman Hal Kahn. They have been replaced with four Clinton Group nominees: Dorrit Bern, Lynda Davey, Mindy Meads and John Mills.

The board will also still include Kathy Bronstein, John Goodman and Ken Reiss.

“We believe that the agreement with Clinton Group is in the best interest of all Wet Seal shareholders,” said Ken Seipel, president and COO of Wet Seal. “This settlement will provide for a smooth and orderly transition of the Board’s responsibilities, as well as a level of continuity for our employees.”

The retailer said that former board chairman Kahn has agreed to continue to serve the company as a consultant pursuant to his existing contract.

Nov-26-2012 04:57 pm

Sometimes it is extremely difficult to explore good and useful information out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thanks for helping me out. eyebrow tattoos

Nov-26-2012 04:57 pm

Nov-22-2012 05:10 pm

I am doing a report on this subject. Your article is full of really useful information. I will make sure to come back to check out your posts for my next report. Cheers home profit system

Nov-22-2012 05:10 pm

Nov-13-2012 06:28 am

I am currently working on research paper and part of the curriculum involves this subject matter. Do you have any other posts I can look at regarding this? William

Nov-13-2012 06:28 am

Report: Wal-Mart sued in Florida for gender discrimination

New York — Three female employees of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. filed a lawsuit Thursday in federal court in South Florida claiming the company discriminates against women in areas such as wages and promotion opportunities, the Associated Press reported.

The potential class-action lawsuit follows similar lawsuits recently filed in Tennessee, Texas and California. It also follows a 2011 U.S. Supreme Court decision that tossed out a national gender bias lawsuit seeking to represent some 1.6 million female Wal-Mart workers.

Starbucks sees 1,000 new U.S. stores in next five years; will accept mobile payments starting in November

Houston — Starbucks Coffee Co. founder and CEO Howard Schultz said his company plans to add 1,000 stores in the U.S. in the next five years, according to a Bloomberg report.

In other news, Starbucks announced that customers will be able to use Square Wallet to pay with their mobile phones at U.S. Starbucks stores beginning in early November. The chain also said it will enable digital tipping at its U.S. company-operated stores through both the Square and Starbucks mobile payment applications in the summer of 2013. Customers will also be able to use the Square directory to find more than 7,000 U.S. company-operated Starbucks stores.

Additionally, Starbucks announced that the third retail location for its Evolution Fresh juice brand will open in mid-October, in the Filmore district of San Francisco. It plans to open an additional store in the University Village Shopping Center in Seattle in mid-November

Starbucks made the announcements on the first day of its three-day Global Leadership Conference in Houston. Nearly 10,000 of the company’s store managers and regional leaders from outside the U.S. are in attendance at the event. Starbucks said it has branded the conference with the theme “Lead” to reinforce the critical leadership role these store managers — many of whom are running the equivalent of small businesses generating more than $1 million in annual sales — play in the company’s success.

Starbucks also celebrated the opening of a profit-sharing "community" store in Houston’s East End neighborhood. The Houston location is the company’s third community store in the U.S. Starbucks opened its first two profit-sharing Community location s in Harlem, N.Y., and Crenshaw, Calif., one year ago.

K.Kumar says:
Jan-07-2013 01:02 pm

This is sound of increased business and need to provide more service to customer so easy to interact with them. copper wire

K.Kumar says:
Jan-07-2013 01:02 pm

J.Hams says:
Dec-25-2012 08:34 am

I have a memory foam mattress and love it. I don't think its very hot, but then again my house is really cold even in the hot summers. The first night I didn't really like it but now I really, really love ftgrfcv have been laying in gets really soft and comfy. The rest of the mattress will feet a lot harder and harder to the touch. Hope that helped and made sense!!! http://www.amerisleep.com/adjustable-beds.html

J.Hams says:
Dec-25-2012 08:34 am

P.Ju says:
Nov-26-2012 05:42 am

Great blog and useful information.it is very helpful for people . I really appreciate your work thanks for posting. Moisture in oil transmitter

P.Ju says:
Nov-26-2012 05:42 am

K.Kumar says:
Nov-07-2012 11:54 am

Customer need to go far distance for paying and will soon earlier for he customer and this decision is very good for next days. http://www.promos10.com