Kohl’s is partnering with a social media giant to bring emerging brands to its stores.
The department store retailer is launching a new program, Curated by Kohl’s, which will bring a selection of products from emerging brands to more than 50 Kohl’s stores and its online site. The assortment will be refreshed quarterly with new products across multiple categories.
The first selection of items will be available in mid-October, and feature six brands, ranging from inclusive women’s lingerie line Adore Me to laser-cut pop-up card maker Lovepop to plus-size East Adeline by Dia&Co. (Complete list at end of article.) Beginning with the next assortment, which will be available in spring 2020, Kohl’s will partner with Facebook on brand curation, identifying and engaging with brands that have built a strong online community and grown a business on the social media platform.
“We’re incredibly excited to launch Curated by Kohl’s as a way to surprise and delight Kohl’s customers with a continuous stream of new, relevant merchandise, and as an avenue to bring new customers to Kohl’s,” said Doug Howe, Kohl’s chief merchandising officer. “Furthermore, Curated by Kohl’s provides the opportunity for us to showcase innovation, connect with digital retailers, and team up differently with best-in-class digital platforms like Facebook.”
The new initiative comes as Kohl’s has been steadily expanding its brand portfolio. New brands that will be available at the retailer later this year include Nine West apparel, footwear and handbags, the Scott Living home lifestyle collection, a holiday capsule collection by Jason Wu and Elizabeth and James apparel, handbags and accessories.
Here are the brands participating Curated by Kohl’s fall launch:
• Adore Me: Designed by women, for women, Adore Me celebrates every body type with high-quality, affordable lingerie styles made for every occasion. The Curated by Kohl’s assortment will feature a selection of Adore Me bras, panties and sleepwear available in all sizes.
• East Adeline by Dia&Co: Rooted in the belief that everyone, regardless of size, deserves to express their personal style on their own terms, East Adeline by Dia&Co is a collection of select styles, exclusively for plus size women. Curated by Kohl’s will offer East Adeline by Dia&Co’s versatile designs, including statement pieces, modern prints, and closet staples available in sizes 14 - 32.
• Kid Made Modern: Through imaginative and innovative arts and crafts, Kid Made Modern is on a mission to inspire kids and parents to find and enjoy creativity everywhere. Curated by Kohl’s will offer a variety of Kid Made Modern craft kits and accessories, including on-the-go travel kits, jewelry kits, holiday decorating kits, and various art supplies.
• Lovepop: With a mission to create one billion magical moments, Lovepop creates beautiful laser-cut pop-up cards designed with ship-building software and handcrafted in the ancient art form of kirigami. Curated by Kohl’s will offer a wide selection of Lovepop cards to make every occasion magical — from birthdays and anniversaries to holidays and “just because.”
• Luca + Danni: After losing his brother to cancer, Fred Magnanimi founded Luca + Danni to honor his brother's memory and share his "embrace the journey" spirit. Curated by Kohl’s will offer Luca + Danni iconic stacking bracelets, made in the U.S. and shaped to sit on top of the wrist to express what matters to you most.
• United by Blue: United by Blue (UBB) designs products built for sustainable living and for every product sold, UBB removes one pound of trash from oceans and waterways. Curated by Kohl’s United by Blue assortment will include eco-friendly bags, drinkware and reusable straw kits.