Off-pricer retailer sets 2017 expansion
It’s going to be a busy spring for Stein Mart.
The Florida-based chain will open five stores this spring –– the first phase of its 2017 store plan to open a total of 11 new stores. The remainder of the locations will open in the fall.
“These new stores fall within our real estate strategy to grow sales by filling existing markets where we are doing well,” said Hunt Hawkins, CEO of Stein Mart, which operates 290 stores.
The locations and currently scheduled opening dates for Stein Mart’s spring new store group are:
• Auburn, Al.: Auburn Mall – March 23
• Bainbridge Township, Ohio: Marketplace at Four Corners – March 16
• Brentwood, Tenn.: Brentwood Place – March 16
• Cincinnati: 32 East – March 30
• Marietta, Ga.: Parkside at Cobb West – March 9
In addition, Stein Mart is relocating one store from Morrisville, N.C., to a new location at Parkside Town Commons in Cary on March 30. It also is planning to close five under-performing stores during 2017.
No comments found