Study: Online fashion, HBC retailers start spring on right foot
A new industry benchmark indicates March 2019 showed positive traction in several key metrics for online fashion and health and beauty care (HBC) retailers.
According to the March 2019 Retail Pulse from relationship marketing platform Optimove, average order value for online fashion retailers was $121, up 6% year-over-year and 7% month-over-month. Online fashion retailers offered an average discount of 13%, down 26% month-over-month and 38% year-over-year. Sixty-eight percent of online fashion shoppers were one-time customers, an increase of 4% year-over-year and a decrease of 2% month-over-month.
Online HBC retailers also reported some good results for the month. Average order value totaled $56, a 1% increase year-over-year but 3% decline month-over-month. Average discount dropped 39% year-over-year and 33% month-over-month. Eighty percent of online HBC shoppers were one-time customers, down 1% year-over-year but up 2% month-over-month.
Optimove also released some broader statistics about the performance of online fashion and HBC retailers:
• Average order value for fashion retailers is highest in September ($127) and lowest in December ($94)
• HBC retailers offer the biggest discounts in December (average of 17% vs. average of 5%).
• A plurality of fashion retail customers (43%) tend to make their second purchase three to 12 months after the initial one.
• Almost half (46%) of HBC customers make their second purchase about one to two months after their first.
• Fashion retailers have seen a 37% increase year-over-year in the number of orders placed on mobile phones.
• In December 2018, HBC retailers saw a 55% spike in mobile orders.
No comments found