Las Vegas’s Miracle Mile Mall opened 22 years ago this week, but not with that name.
The 475,000-sq.-ft shopping experience that opened at the Aladdin Hotel on August 17, 2000, as the Desert Passage mall was remade with a Los Angeles theme and rechristened in 2007.
Here are 21 other fun facts about the unusual property:
1. It is 1.2 miles to walk the entire Miracle Mile Shops.
2. The name “Miracle Mile Shops” is not only a reference to its walking distance, but also to the famous neighborhood of that name in Los Angeles—a thematic link to its current connecting resort, Planet Hollywood.
3. The property was originally constructed as the Tallyho Hotel in 1962.
4. Miracle Mile Shops has served nearly 470 million shoppers since opening in 2000.
5. Thirteen stores have been around for all 22 years of the Miracle Mile’s existence: Aldo, Bath & Body Works, Ben & Jerry's, Fossil, Loft, Lucky Brand, Magnet Max, Sephora, Steve Madden, Sunglass Hut, Tommy Bahama, White House|Black Market and Wyland Galleries.
6. Nevada’s first H&M opened at the mall in October of 2007.
7. Miracle Mile Shops is home to Tipsy Robot, which at the time of its launch was the first land-based robotic bar in the nation.
8. Its Club Tattoo, which was co-owned by the late lead singer of Linkin Park, Chester Bennington, debuted there. Among its customers: Jonah Hill, Steve Aoki, Slash, Guy Fieri, Chrissy Metz, and Bennington himself.
9. The center’s other Vegas firsts include Quay Australia, Morphe, and Garrett Popcorn Shops.
10. Las Vegas’s largest Victoria’s Secret location is inside Miracle Mile Shops.
11. Its Ben & Jerry’s serves an average of 374 scoops a day, 136,510 scoops a year, and more than 3 million scoops since it opened in 2000.
12. Chicago favorite Garrett Popcorn Shops has popped over 1.5 million gallons of popcorn during its Miracle Mile history.
13. The Sin City Sindy statue in front of the Showgirl Bar and V Theater is the tallest showgirl on the Strip. She’s 31 feet tall.
14. Miracle Mile Shops’ Caring, Giving, Changing donation campaign—in operation for 12 years—has assisted more than 60 nonprofit programs in the Las Vegas community, among them Help of Southern Nevada, The St. Baldrick’s Foundation, and The Vegas Golden Knights Foundation.
15. Miracle Mile Shops has served as a backdrop in TV shows and films that include “21,” “Get Him to the Greek,” and “Think Like a Man 2.”
16. In 2018, it introduced Jules, a fun and trendy interactive chatbot used to assist guests.
17. A-list shoppers spotted at the mall over the years include Cameron Diaz, Blake Shelton, Nicolas Cage, Sammy Hagar, Rihanna, and Britney Spears.
18. The sky ceiling by V Theater is 85 feet high. The surrounding mountains are 75 feet high.
19. Its rainstorm effect has produced more than 128,000 shows featuring rain, fog, lightning, and thunder.
20. Miracle Mile Shops is now undergoing interior and exterior renovations that will feature state-of-the-art LED digital screens and signage along with modernized landscaping.
21. Miracle Mile Shops continues to pay homage to its Desert Passage roots. The shops still feature a piece of the original ornate flooring and the 155-ft.-long Desert Passage ship.