A revived Charming Charlie is ramping up store expansion.
The women's apparel and accessories retailer plans to open approximately 14 stores in March and April, with a focus on Texas, California, New York and the Midwest, with additional locations planned for the summer and fall. The stores will feature Charming Charlie's signature color-grouping model.
The openings (locations listed at end of article) come less than two years after Charming Charlie shuttered its 260 stores and e-commerce site after filing for bankruptcy in July 2019. Company founder Charlie Chanaratsopon acquired the chain’s trademarks at a bankruptcy auction in fall 2019, with plans to revive Charming Charlie as an omnichannel retailer.
Charming Charlie returned to the retail arena in September 2020, with a store at Cumberland Mall in Atlanta. Since then, it has opened five additional locations. The retailer is also reinvigorating its digital platform.
The retailer is set to open this spring at the following locations:
• First Colony, Houston
• Willowbrook Mall, Houston
• Stonebriar Centre, Frisco, Texas
• The Parks Mall at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
• The Oaks, Thousand Oaks, Calif.
• Pembroke Lakes Mall, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
• Jordan Creek, Des Moines, Iowa
• La Encantada, Tucson, Ariz.
• Water Tower Place, Chicago
• FlatIron Crossing, Broomfield, Colo.
• Fresno Fashion Fair, Fresno, Calif.
• PacView, Ventura, Calif.
• Vintage Faire, Modesto, Calif.
• Deptford Mall, Deptford, N.J.