Ace Hardware wants shoppers to think summer paint projects by introducing a new curated color palette for the warmest season of the year.
Ace's Design Experts have curated a paaint color palette for summer 2015 using colors from the Clark+Kensington paint+primer in one collection.
Featuring hues reminiscent of long summer days and seaside vacations, the colors range from vibrant and bold to grounding neutrals.
"With consistent warmer weather around the country, this time of year lends itself to updates both inside and outside the home," said Ace Design Expert Katie Reynolds. "As you soak up the summer sun, we're thrilled to help you bring the feeling of the outdoors in with colors that evoke the best this season has to offer!"
Ace's Design Experts Reynolds (Atlanta, Georgia), Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.) and Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.) have curated thefollowing Clark+Kensington colors as the season's leading hues and offered recommendations for customers:
• Paint your kitchen island for an updated look that's easier than repainting your cabinets. A classic neutral like Subtle Gray 38A-1 pairs nicely with most wood and finishes.
• Stripes, though classic, are very popular this summer. Try painting them on a pair of oversized outdoor planters in a sunset-inspired combination of Dried Apricot 14D-4 and Cajun Shrimp NLL64, from the 2015 OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington.
• If you want to try one of this season's more feminine pastel colors, such as Peach Nectar 10D-4, but are afraid of pulling it off, try balancing it with a complementary masculine hue like Classic Navy 38D-5.
• Graphic patterns and details are an easy way to make a big change. Add a pop of pink stenciled in a chevron pattern on drawers of a basic white dresser with a bright choice such as Camellia Blossom 07D-4.
• Layered warm neutrals never go out of style and work equally as well in big open spaces or cozy cottages and nooks. Try using a darker neutral on the walls and ceiling with Vanilla Scone 18A-2 and furnishing with pale, light neutral hues such as Linen CW-W6 for a fresh feel.
• Try a fun color pairing for a guest or kids room by painting a focal window wall in a brighter green color like Green Tomatoes 28D-4 and then adding a muted, natural green shade likeGentle Touch 25C-2 on the window base.
• Wild Blueberry 38B-7 and Classic Navy 38D-5 are great go-to colors for a monochromatic blue color scheme inspired by the ocean. Simple and natural accents like stone top tables, linen or woven material window coverings bring in a clean look that won't fade over time.
• Combine a warm neutral like Cup of Tea 23B-4 with a feminine pink like Surprise Party 07C-3or Boutique Chic 06D-1 in a nursery or girl's room for a soft look reminiscent of the flowers blooming outdoors.
• Shiplap wall paneling, featuring horizontal, overlapping wooden boards covering the walls (similar to a ship) is trending. It's the perfect way to bring a beach-like nautical feel to any space. Try painting the wood in a crisp white like Frost CW-C3 for an easy architectural detail.
As the sun comes out to play and homeowners enjoy their summer vacation time, Ace's Design Experts also recommend the following quick and easy décor tips for Ace customers to pair with the top color picks of the season:
• Make a statement with a bold color on the ceiling, walls, or large piece of furniture, and then let other surfaces take a supporting role to show off the vibrant shade. Accessories such as throw pillows or a brightly colored vase complete the look.
• Ground a room by trying a mixed color scheme with a rug free of color and pattern. A simple solid wool rug or a natural sisal or jute will balance perfectly in a room with varying color combinations.
• A pink color combination balances well, but try adding a more grown-up feel with black, mirrored, and reflective finishes. For a softer look in a room such as a nursery, bring in wood tones, whites, and a touch of brass or silver.
• Create a festive ambiance in your backyard or patio area by hanging multi-colored candle lanterns from tree branches in peach hues. To round out this cheerful look, try painting an inexpensive wooden picnic table in the same peach hue for an updated outdoor space.
With more than 4,800 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world.