Kohl’s makes Summerfest free for families
Kohl’s is stepping up again to make summer activities free for families this summer through a partnership with Summerfest.
The partnership will offer educational, fun and creative activities for children of all ages and their families, as well as the opportunity for patrons to gain free admission to the Summerfest festival.
“Kohl’s is proud to partner with Summerfest on Kohl’s Family Day to provide families access to Milwaukee’s most premiere music festival at no cost, all while assisting Hunger Task Force collect essential food items for those in need,” said Bevin Bailis, Kohl’s senior vice president of communications and public relations. “We are also excited to share Kohl’s Captivation Station with even more families as the interactive stations and creative performances from our Milwaukee partners are a huge hit with children visiting the festival.”
As part of Kohl’s Family Day, on Sunday, June 28 from Noon – 3 p.m., the first 2,500 patrons who donate three (3) non-perishable food items for kids will receive one (1) FREE Summerfest admission ticket valid for that day. Suggested items include peanut butter, canned fruit and macaroni and cheese. This popular promotion has been successful in raising thousands of pounds of food donations for Hunger Task Force over the years and will once again support the organization.
The Kohl’s Captivation Station will be open from Noon – 7:00 p.m., every day of Summerfest and located on the south end of Henry Maier Festival Park. Attendees will be able to participate in programs including:
• Kohl’s Color Wheels An art-making experience in partnership with the Milwaukee Art Museum
• Kohl’s Design It! Mobile Lab A joint venture with Discovery World that lets children create unique three-dimensional do-it-yourself projects to take home
• Kohl’s Wild Theater Conservation-themed performances using drama, songs and puppetry with the Zoological Society of Milwaukee
• Kohl’s Building Blocks Workshop A partnership with Penfield Children’s Center to provide interactive activities and share information about the development of children of all abilities
• Kohl’s Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Program An interactive mobile unit teaching children and families how to keep safe and healthy with help from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Throughout the festival, the Kohl’s Captivation Station will also showcase entertaining performances from Mad Science, Comedy Sportz, Join In and Dance, Milwaukee Community Circus, the Figureheads and more! Schedules for the Kohl’s Captivation Station are available onSummerfest.com and through the Official Schedule.
Kohl's is a department store with 1,164 stores in 49 states.
No comments found