Kohl’s details environmental moves
Long-term sustainability is a priority of Kohl’s Corp.
The department store retailer has released its 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility report, which includes an update on Kohl’s environmental measures. Key highlights include:
• Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Kohl’s offers 206 free electric vehicle-charging stations for customers and associates at 94 locations across the country, including Kohl’s corporate headquarters and stores across the country.
• Recycling Waste: To make recycling easier for customers, shippers can find a bright green box at Kohl’s stores for recycling select materials and can bring hangers back to the store any time for reuse and recycling. In 2017, Kohl’s recycled more than 150,000 tons of materials, achieving a recycling rate of more than 83% across its operations.
• Renewable Energy: In support of renewable and more sustainable sources of energy, Kohl’s hosts over 200,000 solar panels on 163 rooftops around the country and a total of nine solar trees between two locations in Wisconsin and Texas.
In addition to solar power, Kohl’s hosts two wind turbines at its distribution center in Findlay, Ohio.
Kohl’s actions to support its employees and communities are also detailed in the report. Some highlights include:
• Expanded Network of Wellness Centers: In 2017, Kohl’s added four wellness center locations, expanding access to quality, on-site healthcare for its associates and their families. Dedicated teams of medical professionals at 17 wellness center locations at all of Kohl’s distribution centers, e-commerce fulfillment centers and credit centers across the country, offer care tailored to each associate’s specific needs.
• On-Site Childcare: Kohl’s offers on-site childcare through its Child Development Center, providing care for nearly 500 children in dozens of classrooms at the company’s corporate campus.
• Kohl’s Cares Hospital Partner Program: Kohl’s partners with more than 70 children’s hospitals across the country to support community programs, including healthy development, safety, wellness and chronic disease management.
Kohl’s 2017 CSR report is available at Corporate.Kohls.com.